Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few very light scratches on some of the chrome on the VTX 1300 we are getting for my wife. Is there a way to polish chrome back to a mirror finish? Is a little polishing compound followed by chrome polish safe to try? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Mark

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
NO!!!!! DO NOT USE POLISHING COMPOUND.

the compound will put more scratches.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigPro said:
NO!!!!! DO NOT USE POLISHING COMPOUND.

the compound will put more scratches.
Glad I asked here first! :) Disaster averted! Thanks

You think just chrome polish might do the trick?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
BigPro is right and as far as I know there is no way to removes scratches from chrome other than re-chroming..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
MarkRit said:
There are a few very light scratches on some of the chrome on the VTX 1300 we are getting for my wife. Is there a way to polish chrome back to a mirror finish? Is a little polishing compound followed by chrome polish safe to try? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Mark
Which parts are scratched? They might not be that expensive to replace.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Camello said:
MarkRit said:

Mark
I guess it's just called the right side tranny cover. I'll have to look around...maybe there is an aftermarket replacement cover that would work.

S

·
0 Posts
MarkRit said:
Camello said:
MarkRit said:

Mark
I guess it's just called the right side tranny cover. I'll have to look around...maybe there is an aftermarket replacement cover that would work.
The clutch cover ( largest one ) costs about $70 to replace at Honda Online Parts.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Somebody (Bare or Tapper?) had a solution for touch ups on chrome. They advised a nail polish (chrome) that worked wonders. It's under the brand name Sally Hensen, and the color is chrome. I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to get some and try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts