Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to polish scratches out of chrome? I installed the Palladin engine guard tonight and after the install I noticed some scratches that I'm sure were not because of my handling. I should return the parts but I think I'm just going to try to find a way to polish them out.

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
No, once chrome is scratched, it's scratched. Polishing will only make a lot of very tiny scratches in the chrome making that area appear dull or hazy and ends up looking worse than the scratch

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yeah, I asked the same question the other day. Apparently it's not possible. I did clean up the pieces I scratched and used some chrome polish and it's not quite as noticeable to me when it's all nice and clean. But that may just be me.

Kory

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't know about scratches, however, when my girlfriend is riding with me, her boots always leave a little black rubber on the pipes. Just FYI I use 00 steel wool. Rub very gently and it comes right off. Easy to keep a little pad of it in a ziplock bag in your saddlebag. Dont need much of it either.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I read that corn starch helps with really fine scratches on chrome. I tried it and it seemed to help a little with very fine scratches. But nothing will take them out. I always hate it when I first find some scratches but the funny thing is after a while you forget about them anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.