Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone every paint the seams on the bottom of the tank black so that they dont stick out as much???? Obviously not on black bikes but on all the other colors. thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
154 Posts
mls016 said:
Anyone every paint the seams on the bottom of the tank black so that they dont stick out as much???? Obviously not on black bikes but on all the other colors. thanks for your replies.
I'll bet Bigdog 1 will have something to say about this...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah.. ive seen plenty of Bigdog's replies and I know how he feels about Black bikes and how he feels about Red Bikes, which mine is. I have seen the chrome to cover the seams but to me they are just as gawdy as the seams themselves... I have been thinking about painting it black and it seems like it would look really good... Ive even used paintshop on the computer to digitally do it and it looked 100% better... anyone ever do this, what do people think about the idea?????[/img]

·
Registered
323 Posts
mls 016,
If you want to give it a shot on your bike, try to cover the seam with electrical tape first or Tempera paint and then if it doesn't "float your boat" you can always put it right back to the way it was. Just a thought!!!!
Whatever you do....take photos!!!! You know how we are here on this board. WE NEED PICS!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Later!!!!!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
J. Scott said:
mls016 said:
I'll bet Bigdog 1 will have something to say about this...
Nope!

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
Yoman(local 1800 rider) put black door edge on his, Looks much better than chrome to me and it isn't as noticable. You may want to try that.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
enfuego said:
Thanks Teeps!!!! I appreciate the compliment 8)
First off, Sorry to but in on the post.

Enfuego,

Just wondering how you like the forward controls? Are they worth the money or should I just purchase the hiway pegs from Kury?

Appreciate any info,
Bode

·
Registered
323 Posts
badbode,
The Accutronix are pretty spendy but they are well worth the money. It is just a little hard to swallow that price. Honestly, if I had not picked my up used, I probably would not have them. I really do like the quality and they way they stretch me out now. If you have a freeway bar and are planning on putting the Kurys on it, that may work or were you going to buy the Kury peg mounts too? You definitely won't have the money going that route as opposed to the Accutronix. Plus you could always sell them if they didn't work out for you. I know I have bought a few items and ended up getting rid of them because they didn't work out for me. Anyway, good luck in your decision and once again......I really am happy with these controls!!!
Later 8)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Appreciate the info. Im ridin a C model and dont really like the look of the Freeway bars on them.. I saw a link on here for some hiway pegs that mount to your standard pegs and extend forward and above the break and shifter. Thought i might give them a try before shelling out the cash for the Accutronix.

I do love the way the look though.. Your bike is very awesome looking.. I especially like the graphic on the side of your tank.. That is very awesome.. Is it paint or a vinyl graphic?

Anyway, Very cool bike.. Be safe and God Bless.
Bode

·
Registered
323 Posts
badbode,
Thank you very much for the compliments on my bike!!! I do some painting on the side, just out of my garage. When I first bought my bike I was going crazy because it looked just about like every other Candy Red 1300 Retro. I am very blessed to have the talent to change things up by way of paint. The only cost is the materials and my time. I have even bought an extra set of tins to shoot something on this summer. This way I can change it up again when I get tired of it or worse case...it gets scratched or dented. So this is pretty much where I started. The graphic is just black shadowing over the white panel and then both the white panel and the graphic had pearl painted over them. Gives the graphic a real subtle look and it is almost ghosty, at times. Anyway Thanks again for the compliment!!! :) :)
When I first bought my bike it had some pegs mounted off of the down tubes of the frame and it was not comfortable to raise my leg up and over the brake pedal. It was a little too high for me. Good luck with your highway pegs!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts