Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to this pandemic it has become very difficult finding the parts I need and receiving them in timely manner.
I have an 07 Honda VTX1800T, after the destruction of my ex girlfriend I had many repairs I had to make but the biggest and last of all is to find an axle. I am in diar need of a front axle and bolt. Am located in Wisconsin. My bike is my daily driver year round, I comout 40 miles to work a day and need to get wheels back to pavement asap if anyone could help me out.

·
Old Goat
25,375 Posts
#.........................#

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Due to this pandemic it has become very difficult finding the parts I need and receiving them in timely manner.
I have an 07 Honda VTX1800T, after the destruction of my ex girlfriend I had many repairs I had to make but the biggest and last of all is to find an axle. I am in diar need of a front axle and bolt. Am located in Wisconsin. My bike is my daily driver year round, I comout 40 miles to work a day and need to get wheels back to pavement asap if anyone could help me out.
Sorry brother, can't help. I am curious though, what in the world did your ex do to destroy an axle?

Are there any bike wreckers in your area, or close. There's got to be something in Mikwaukee, or even as far as Chicago. Should be able to get it overnight.

Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
You can get parts from Honda in 2-3 days, usually.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Where in Wisconsin are you located?

There is a motorcycle salvage yard in the Neenah area.

Here is a link to them:
Wisconsin Cycle Salvage

Welcome to VTXOA

Reactions: TennX

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Axle is listed as 'in stock' on Partzillas site. I also wish the OP luck but, something seems a bit odd.

Reactions: chuck_VTX F

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
the last VTX axle I have seen damaged . was when a truck ran over it.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
the last VTX axle I have seen damaged . was when a truck ran over it.
I messed mine up at Ironmk's a couple years ago, luckily for me, and I don't know how he just happened to have one, but Baker 6x6 gave his to me, and I bought a new one and sent it to him.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Gents, I have a hunch this 'axle' is going to remain a mystery.

Reactions: TennX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honda is out of stock and beyond wait list.
I was in the middle of putting back together when we separated so by the time I got back to pick bike up she hid the axle ripped out a bunch of wires in the harness drained the oil, had her new BF help.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Maybe find a good machine shop and use yours as a template have them make you one.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Still available on Partzilla, (3 left). 60 some odd bucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry brother, can't help. I am curious though, what in the world did your ex do to destroy an axle?

Are there any bike wreckers in your area, or close. There's got to be something in Mikwaukee, or even as far as Chicago. Should be able to get it overnight.

Good luck my friend.
I don't know if they have any VTX's but you might check with, "Oz Motorcycles" in Ottawa, Kansas. It is a motorcycle salvage parts store. Oz Powersports is located in Ottawa, KS. Shop our large online inventory.. Also might check this group, I have bought parts for my 1300C from them, front-wheel-vtx1800r-n-t, Babbitsonline

1 - 16 of 16 Posts