Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing the stock "so called" seat that came wth my 04 1800 C and was hoping for some feedback on seat choices. I'm 6'5 275lbs and usually ride for a couple hours at a time. I primarily ride alone, however, the wife will occasionally come along for an hour trip.

I love the look of the Corbin Young Gun seat but am concerned about comfort. I am not sure if looks or comfort are more important at this point. Is this seat comfortable for the driver? How about the passenger comfort level for an hour trip?

It sounds like the Ultimate big boy is on the otherend of the spectrum. Very comfortable but, in my opinion, not the best looking seat. It looks to be very big and bulky, particularly the passenger pad.

Lets hear some opinions either way, please.

Thanks!
Erik-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
I put the Ultimate LowBoy (I'm 5-9, 170) on my 1800 C. It is VERY comfortable, but, it is also pretty wide. It hangs off either side of the frame quite a bit. My skinny butt does not use that much area. The stock seat is not as comfortable but it is more streamline with the lines of the bike. I'm going to keep it for a while then see if there is something else out there that has the fit of the ultimate, but a little narrower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
I have the bigboy and I really like it. At first I didn't like the way it looked on my bike, but now I think it actually goes along with the big look of the bike. No doubt the Young Guns looks great, but I've sat on one and it seemed to me that it was even harder than the stocker. Whatever the bigboy lacks in looks it makes up for in comfort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Love the mustang! Stock seat and I was butt numb by the time the out of gas light came on... Now I can ride all day! And the ole lady loves the difference in comfort on the back!

Just my $.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
I just put on the Ultimate Big Boy with backrest and have to say I really love it so far. With your size, I'd recommend you check them out. There's a reason they call them "Big Boy" seats. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,910 Posts
TitaniumVTX said:
I'm looking at replacing the stock "so called" seat that came wth my 04 1800 C and was hoping for some feedback on seat choices. I'm 6'5 275lbs and usually ride for a couple hours at a time. I primarily ride alone, however, the wife will occasionally come along for an hour trip.

I love the look of the Corbin Young Gun seat but am concerned about comfort. I am not sure if looks or comfort are more important at this point. Is this seat comfortable for the driver? How about the passenger comfort level for an hour trip?

It sounds like the Ultimate big boy is on the otherend of the spectrum. Very comfortable but, in my opinion, not the best looking seat. It looks to be very big and bulky, particularly the passenger pad.

Lets hear some opinions either way, please.

Thanks!
Erik-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
I'm about 5'6" 270 ish, and I just put on a High End Raven from Viking Motorcycle Company, and I love it! Ride for about 5 hours and my @$$ was not going numb like it would with the factory. Thats just my nickle and dime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
RE: Mustang

Be aware that the Mustang seat actually moves you forward a little. For me it was just enough that my family jewels rest right on the end of the tank. But also bear in mind, I am a large guy (6'1" 350lbs). Just FYI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all the feedback. It looks like the big boy is the way to go. Anyone in the Cleveland area? I'd sure love to sit on one on a C model before making the comitment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
I've had the Big Boy on the bike for 4 straight days of riding to work, and it's an improvement to the nth degree. Easy to change out, and I think is makes the bike look even bigger and BADDER. I'm 6'4", 300, and this was the ticket I needed.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
I've seen folks recommending 'the' Mustang seat, but Mustang makes different seats; sport touring, sport touring w/backrest, wide touring, wide touring w/backrest and then either studded or non-studded version of all of those.

I went from the stock seat to the Mustang sport touring (no backrest). This seat is mostly flat across and the passenger seat covers the top of the driver's seat to give extra back support. It was comfortable, but I still had trouble riding long distances. So I sold it and bought a Mustang wide touring seat with backrest. This seat is actually an 1/2 " narrower than the sport and the backrest makes a huge difference to me. This seat is much more comfortable to me than the sport. Now, if I can find someone local that has an Ultimate seat I could try out to see what all of the fuss is about. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My concern with the Mustang is being moved closer to the tank. Is there an option to move the seat backwards?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
The Mustang only fits on the X one way. It may move you closer to the tank, but I really don't remember feeling like I was sitting closer to the tank. That may just be something that didn't bother me because I am a thin guy. Having the seat with the backrest does encourage me to lean back in the seat farther than the one without the backrest, so maybe that helps too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
TitaniumVTX said:
My concern with the Mustang is being moved closer to the tank. Is there an option to move the seat backwards?
I tested one out over the weekend and noticed that it moved me forward as well. I do believe you can call them and have them help you with your fitment though.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Big Joe said:
TitaniumVTX said:
I'm looking at replacing the stock "so called" seat that came wth my 04 1800 C and was hoping for some feedback on seat choices. I'm 6'5 275lbs and usually ride for a couple hours at a time. I primarily ride alone, however, the wife will occasionally come along for an hour trip.

I love the look of the Corbin Young Gun seat but am concerned about comfort. I am not sure if looks or comfort are more important at this point. Is this seat comfortable for the driver? How about the passenger comfort level for an hour trip?

It sounds like the Ultimate big boy is on the otherend of the spectrum. Very comfortable but, in my opinion, not the best looking seat. It looks to be very big and bulky, particularly the passenger pad.

Lets hear some opinions either way, please.

Thanks!
Erik-
Nice... what seat is this? is a passenger available to put on and off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Ultimate BigBoy

Hands down the best all around!!!!!!!!!!! Just looking for a way to do in flight refueling I now can ride forever no sore BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top