Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adding to the myrad of seat questions. Planning a Sturgis run (1k each way). Rode 3 hundred mi. last Friday found the stock (1800 "C") seat to be a butt burner. Also a little back problem but seemed to work through that. Little late to do a X mod. Tried a Saddleman seat pad at he dealer. Felt good. One hundred bucks as opposed to 180. for the Airhawk. Anyone with any experience? Thanks.

TomCCC

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
We just returned yesterday from a similar trip. Eastern Idaho to Rapid City, Sturgis and back. One of our group had a Airhawk. She said it was awesome. I had the Bad-X mod done last winter. It was a great thing to have had done. I also found that it helps to have different places to put your feet. Floor boards, hiway bars with pegs and others. I even put the passenger pegs down and hooked my heels on them for a short distance. Too much like a doaner bike. Be sure to take an aspirin each day. All that sitting=increased chance of blood clots in the legs. Hope you have as much fun as we did back there.

RPh.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
In addition to my Ultimate Seat, I have this:

http://geltecproducts.com/detail.aspx?ID=23

I got it before the ultimate, but I like having it for longer trips. I store it in the freezer before long hot trips, and it keeps me cooler for longer on the trip, and having it to change seat feel and position really is a blessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts