Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
I am 6' 4 330 pounds, After about an hour and half of riding the stock seat becomes uncomfortable do you recomend the Mustang seat for long highway trips?
Sorry, haven't been here for a while...ANY seat is better than the stock seat! If you can handle 1.5 hours on the stocker, a Mustang would be a great upgrade, and the Ultimate even better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m not sure what the OP has done unless I missed it when reading through.
Anyway, I’ve never had any luck with a stock seat except on a Goldwing and Ultra Classic.
I’ve used corbin, mustang and ultimate.
Although the corbin and mustang were both much better than the stock seat, I still got numb bum pretty bad.
With the Ultimate low rider without backrest I can literally do 9 hour days in comfort. For me it’s the best seat I’ve ever ridden on.
I’m only 5’8” so the low rider works for me but I have a friend who is 6’ and about 300 lbs. He said my lowrider made him feel like his balls were up on the gas tank.
Anyway, my votes for the Ultimate seat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I’m not sure what the OP has done unless I missed it when reading through.

I haven't done anything yet, but have absorbed some useful takes, including yours (thanks)! My goal is to get something over the winter, and I also now know I don't have to shy away from a used seat for an R or T for my S. :grin2:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Im 5'8" and have a mustang with a backrest that ive put 80k miles in. I tried a saddelman seat and hated it. Mustang was the perfect fit for me, and no complaints from her on the back

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an 04 S with a mustang seat and loved it. I am a little older now and bought an 09 R. First upgrade was a mustang seat. Then I decided the try the ultimate big boy with a drivers backrest. Hands down, go with the ultimate. I don’t know about the Corbin, but the ultimate is like sitting in a pillow. It does ride higher than the mustang. I am 5’ 10” 185lbs. I love the ultimate.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have an ultimate big boy solo with backrest. I also have a corbin 2 up seat. Corbin is very firm, it is comfortable (wide). If I had to pick one, it would be ultimate big boy.

I use the Crobin only for riding 2 up. 99.9% of the time, I ride solo with the ultimate.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts