Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like some input on seats for the long haul. Debating between a Mustang Seat and Badx on stock seat. Any imput would be appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Badx extreme mod with one layer of memory foam. I just got back from a 5 day 1500 mile trip and the seat was good. 100 times better than the stock seat but my butt still got a little sore. But I think if you sit anywhere for over an hour or two the lack of blood is going to make anyone sore. You still have to shift your wait around but not near as much as the stock seat. I would have never made this trip on the stock seat. The badx mod is definatley worth the money it made the seat way more comfortable and I like the look of the stock seat over any of the after market seats. I ride an 04 C and I'm 6 foot and 200 lbs. hopes this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mustang seat

I went from stock seat that I could only sit on for one hour to the Mustang wide seat and five hours is not a problem. Well worth the expense. I had tried gel pad and beads on stock to no avail but the Mustang changed the whole vtx experience to the positive.

Jim Posey

·
Registered
499 Posts
I had BADX do my seat. I just got back from Colorado. We did 4200 miles in 8 days. BADX ROCKS. So does my 1300. The longer and harder I ran her the better she ran.

·
Registered
230 Posts
mustang seat

I have a mustang seat, with backrest and passenger pad. I'm very happy with it. I haven't ridden to where I want to get off the bike yet. With the stock seat, after an hour and sometimes less, I wanted to get off the bike and walk around. Right now, I love the mustang. I'll be taking it on a really long road trip soon I hope and will post more if you haven't decided by then. From what I've read the ultimate and mustang are both great. I just liked the looks of the mustang better as others like the looks of the ultimate. I've heard great things about the badx. I didn't want to take a chance on the badx if it didn't turn out as good so I just went ahead and spent the 500-600 bucks on the mustang. If you got some extra cash you want to just get rid of real quick, definitely get the mustang. It's worth it, just very expensive.

C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.