Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my seats on my VTX 1300 R, and I would like some input. Can't decide between Mustang, Ultimate, or Badx mod. Any input would be of great help.
Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
if you want to spend a bunch of $$$$, why not try first BadX mod????

Even if you don't like it, you can always sell it here.
You can't lose.

I would highly recommend it BadX mod, he is great guy and will do great job on the seat.

If you don't like it, sell it to another member who will buy it right away from you.


Sincerely,

Dino
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,510 Posts
Yup! BADX!

I tried everything and finally sent my seat to Allen. I just cannot understand why anyone would pay $500 for a cookie cutter seat when you can buy a custom seat from BADX for less than a hundred!
 
G

·
I did the BadX memory foam for both the driver and passenger seats....I really liked the feel better than the stock "brick" seat....Rode with that setup for about 6 months, but the wife wanted a wider seat than the stock 7" seat.

I now have the 4 piece Ultimate Lowrider .....I like it OK but the wife REALLY likes the new passenger seat because it's about 14" wide..... A little pricey, but worth it cause the wife will now ride with me more!

Ride Safe!!!
 

·
Old Goat
Joined
·
26,260 Posts
+1 on the badx mod,it didnt work for me but it was my bad not his , I got my money back easily on the classifieds and the buyer couldnt be happier you should give it a shot .good luck
 

·
Seat Dr
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
stallion143 said:
I did the BadX memory foam for both the driver and passenger seats....I really liked the feel better than the stock "brick" seat....Rode with that setup for about 6 months, but the wife wanted a wider seat than the stock 7" seat.

I now have the 4 piece Ultimate Lowrider .....I like it OK but the wife REALLY likes the new passenger seat because it's about 14" wide..... A little pricey, but worth it cause the wife will now ride with me more!

Ride Safe!!!
Should have waited for the new "Wide Double Decker" for the passenger pillion. This new mod makes the passenger seat wider than a Mustang but I can't touch the width of a Ultimates passenger pillion using the stock cover, its just not big enough but I can beat a Mustang now :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
after reading the comments from other board members i am planning on sending my seats to badx this winter when i take the X off the road, if you do it before hand and dont care for it i will take em off your hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
I just got the ultimate, I didn't like it at first but after about 30 miles, well lets just say that when it comes time to buy a new bike, I'm going to make sure I can put an ultimate on it! And my wife agrees!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
My photo says Comfort! No it was not cheap but worth every cent I spent!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
I have the Ultimate setup on my bike. It is pretty nice, but I don't get happy butt from riding or anything like some would have you believe. If I ride 500 miles, I still feel like I rode a long way. I just no longer feel like I have a softball in my butt the whole time like I did with the stock seat. That alone is worth the price of any seat other than the stocker. BadX apparently removes that softball and replaces the leather, which is a reasonable option, IMO. One not-so-obvious difference between Ultimates and Mustangs is stitching. Ultimates have stitching on the seat, which they say helps the seat to breathe better. It also helps water to seep into the foam if you ride in the rain. They sell a rain cover for them that is made out of Frog Togg material, but I don't have one for mine. I sprayed it liberally with waterproofing stuff for camping and so far so good, but it is a consideration. I believe Mustangs have less stiching on the seat area. This would be better in the rain, and arguably less breathable the rest of the time. Just some random thoughts about seats. HTH....
 
G

·
BadX said:
stallion143 said:
I did the BadX memory foam for both the driver and passenger seats....I really liked the feel better than the stock "brick" seat....Rode with that setup for about 6 months, but the wife wanted a wider seat than the stock 7" seat.

I now have the 4 piece Ultimate Lowrider .....I like it OK but the wife REALLY likes the new passenger seat because it's about 14" wide..... A little pricey, but worth it cause the wife will now ride with me more!

Ride Safe!!!
Should have waited for the new "Wide Double Decker" for the passenger pillion. This new mod makes the passenger seat wider than a Mustang but I can't touch the width of a Ultimates passenger pillion using the stock cover, its just not big enough but I can beat a Mustang now :wink:
Not knocking your seat mods....They are (IMO) the best way to go for added comfort...I was VERY pleased with the craftsmanship and quality of your work!! When I had you do my seats, you didn't offer the "Wide Double Decker" option for the passenger pillion...Wish you had! :)

Anyway, your seats are a GREAT low cost alternative to an otherwise very costly solution..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
I have the Ultimate seat with Backrest. For me it was worth every penny.
 

·
Old Goat
Joined
·
26,260 Posts
Hey RED VELVET VTX nice scoot that things got more room than my lazy boy. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I have the memory foam BadX seat mod. My brother drove the seats for my bike and his Vulcan over to Hickory one weekend after calling ahead 3 weeks earlier. I've spent allot on riding gear and accesories for the VTX but the $90 for the seat mod was the best money I've spent. Extremely pleased with the comfort and workmanship. No more "but burn" for us :mcrider:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
Sharp C there... Red Velvet VTX.
I'am also looing at seat options for my C.
I guess I need to go for a 3-500 mile trip to get a better feel of the stock seat befor I spend the ca$h.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
I think I may go with a BADX seat mod.....I hear he's a nice guy with a ton of friends...Supppppp cracker I guess youre covered up,,,,,I havent hear from you in a week or so ...One R has a suprise for yall....Oh make plan to come down Sept 8th for the VAN WYCK Car Show...

See me MATT
 

·
Seat Dr
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
240 spoke said:
I think I may go with a BADX seat mod.....I hear he's a nice guy with a ton of friends...Supppppp cracker I guess youre covered up,,,,,I havent hear from you in a week or so ...One R has a suprise for yall....Oh make plan to come down Sept 8th for the VAN WYCK Car Show...

See me MATT
Hey Friend. Enjoying the new swimming pool? Things have been rocking at MCC as usual which is good and I really need to get up with you on something else I am wanting to start offering but can't say what that is right now but can discuss it over the tele with ya :wink: ....well actually two things.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top