Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didn't find a thread. . .
I just installed the D&M air intake and took out the secondary air system and vac capped the nipple. I am going to do the full De-smog but I won't get a chance before I go for a day trip this weekend. Right now the PAIR tube is capped. I know condensation will build up eventually in the PAIR valve/tube, but am I in safe riding condition for now?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Yes you'll be fine for as long as you choose to go that way. The only real problem the condensation causes is possibly a gurgling sound in the exhaust and maybe some corrosion over time.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool--that's what I thought but I was paranoid that I had missed something crucial.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ran into the same problem, had to hold off on doing the pair valve, so I taped off the hole where the pair valve connects to the air box. I ran it that way for over 1000 miles with no noticable problems. This winter I did the German Pete block off plates, WELL worth the cost!!! You'll be fine...just don't let it go too long 8) JB

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good idea!!!

I just spent over $1000 on new parts including sideburners and know have quite a bit of popping. I was going to do the the desmog but also will be getting the Barons big air ket by the winter and it comes with every thing to do the remove plus the plates.

So I think I will just plug it for the summer. Will I get the same affect??
If I do get the water in there can I just pull the plug and drain it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts