Honda VTX Forum banner

Seeing someone sitting on my motorcycle in my own driveway.

2263 Views 52 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  slackticus
Our neighbors are having their roof replaced. I woke up and went into the kitchen and noticed that three of the roofers were around my motorcycle with one sitting on it and taking pictures. I wasn't happy so I went outside and I told them I didn't want them on my bike. Turns out it was a Spanish speaking only crew. They just laughed and showed me the universal "taking pictures with a camera" and went back to work on my neighbor's roof.

Has anyone else had other people sit on their bikes without their permission? Do you think it's rude? To me it's akin to someone getting into my car and sitting there without my permission.
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Yes. Especially with my sidecar bikes. Actually had someone take things out of the covered sidecar so he could put his kids in it and wife on the bike. This was at Fort Boonesboro in Kentucky. When we came out and saw them, he had the nerve to ask me to take a picture of him on the front seat. I did not.
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Our neighbors are having their roof replaced. I woke up and went into the kitchen and noticed that three of the roofers were around my motorcycle with one sitting on it and taking pictures. I wasn't happy so I went outside and I told them I didn't want them on my bike. Turns out it was a Spanish speaking only crew. They just laughed and showed me the universal "taking pictures with a camera" and went back to work on my neighbor's roof.

Has anyone else had other people sit on their bikes without their permission? Do you think it's rude? To me it's akin to someone getting into my car and sitting there without my permission.
What in the holy hell? I'd be pissed.
Reactions: 3
Yes. Especially with my sidecar bikes. Actually had someone take things out of the covered sidecar so he could put his kids in it and wife on the bike. This was at Fort Boonesboro in Kentucky. When we came out and saw them, he had the nerve to ask me to take a picture of him on the front seat. I did not.
I would have opened their car doors and started rummaging through it. Unless I didn't know where it was or my stuff on the ground was a significant issue. What the hell happened to the notion of respecting others' property?
  • Sad
I don't know.. People are behaving very erratically. I get annoyed every time I think about the guy on my bike. I'd have been pissed if people moved stuff out of my sidecar's seat. It's just unnecessary.
Plenty of similar stories on here down thru the years…..one fellow reported he came out of a bar and some one had pissed all over it…plenty of horror stories if u care to do a search…good luck
Reactions: 1
Plenty of similar stories on here down thru the years…..one fellow reported he came out of a bar and some one had pissed all over it…plenty of horror stories if u care to do a search…good luck
I will actually! If I read too many I'll have to start locking my bike in my garage.
Years ago I had a adhesive sticker on one of my bikes that said, "If you value your LIFE as much as I value my bike, DON'T FUCK WITH IT!" Some people with that "entitlement mentality" think that what's someone else's, is THEIRS too! Then there are those looking for a fight and want to see how far they can push someone.
there ought to be a law against it.
wait, i think there is a law against it.
there ought to be a law against it.
wait, i think there is a law against it.
There is. It's called "open-carry" firearms.
There is. It's called "open-carry" firearms.
HA HA HA'
would it be considered breaking and entering?
Ive never had anybody sitting on my bike that I know of….Ive plenty of folks want to take a pic or selfie …usually tourist when I would be downtown on the river Front….I appreciate you folks feelings about your bike and personal space…but Im not going to lose my shit over it …least of all my life or the life of another …Im old …but still pick my battles..”Live LONGER and Prosper”….
Reactions: 3
Ive never had anybody sitting on my bike that I know of….Ive plenty of folks want to take a pic or selfie …usually tourist when I would be downtown on the river Front….I appreciate you folks feelings about your bike and personal space…but Im not going to lose my shit over it …least of all my life or the life of another’s…Im old …but still pick my battles..”Live Loner and Prosper”….
I can appreciate why you think that. But if not losing it over your personal property, there is no time to ever lose it.
I can appreciate why you think that. But if not losing it over your personal property, there is no time to ever lose it.
I am generally a pacifist too, but I've always believed someone can do whatever they want with me or to me, but you don't F with my wife, my home, my car, my bike.
I would not have been happy at all, would have taken my own pictures of the guy sitting on the bike and shown them to the roofing company owner. I assume he would have an appropriate apologetic response, but if not then on to his company social media site or to local social media sites to post the pic with an explanation of his response.

Unacceptable for a company to disrespect others property, if not illegal, could have asked, my guess the spanish speaking workers at least one if not all speak some english.
Reactions: 5
I would not have been happy at all, would have taken my own pictures of the guy sitting on the bike and shown them to the roofing company owner. I assume he would have an appropriate apologetic response, but if not then on to his company social media site or to local social media sites to post the pic with an explanation of his response.

Unacceptable for a company to disrespect others property, if not illegal, could have asked, my guess the spanish speaking workers at least one if not all speak some english.
I agree completely. I don't care to bust their balls or tattle on them to their boss. "Stay off my things" shouldn't be something I should have to say aloud to anyone ever. I just wish that I lived in a world where people would respect other's possessions and leave things alone.
I am not sure how I would handle this.
In my own yard and drive vs out in public.
Have to say, either way, I'd probably be in jail and or hurt.
Either way, someone is not going to be happy.
Reactions: 5
Ive never had anybody sitting on my bike that I know of….Ive plenty of folks want to take a pic or selfie …usually tourist when I would be downtown on the river Front….I appreciate you folks feelings about your bike and personal space…but Im not going to lose my shit over it …least of all my life or the life of another …Im old …but still pick my battles..”Live LONGER and Prosper”….
My opinion if someone asked I would let them, in fact I have. But just to do it when I wasn't around, or they don't know who's bike it is. Not only just disrespectful but actually should be if it isn't like messing with someone's car.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts