Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to do it, guys, but it's the bike our the house!

This machine has had one owner...me! Garage kept from the beginning, this bike is in pristine, immaculate condition, and the maintenance schedule has been followed to the letter.

Kelly Blue Book is listing this bike at $3,545.00 but that's for an out-of-the-box, stock VTX, and doesn't include the saddlebags, sissy bar, luggage rack, touring bag, windshield, and light bar. I have also put about $3,000.00 more into it between chrome and a very nice Mustang seat. The machine runs like the day I rode it off the showroom floor.

Asking $5,500.00.

This machine has never given me a bit of trouble. It has always started first time, every time!

A fair and honest price for a very nice machine!

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
What year is the bike? How many miles on the bike? Are the added accessories by Honda, or some other aftermarket supplier? Do you have receipts for the maintenance work and the accessories added to the bike to attempt to justify your price?

Has the bike been dropped or is there any damage to the bike, dents, scrapes and so forth?

Is the windshield a quick removal item?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harvey - Yeah, I definitely left some information out of the post. It's a 2003, 47,600 miles. Perfect condition. Most parts are original Honda OEM parts, including most of the added chrome. A few aftermarket pieces (crash bars, radiator cover, rear brake reservoir cover, chrome triple tree, 4" risers, and a few others). Yes, all receipts are available. No, it is not a quick detach windshield. It's the OEM windshield Honda offered when the machine was purchased. No dents, scrapes, or any other problems with the machine. It's perfect!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
As much as I know you don't want to hear it, the addons will bring no extra value at sale time. Remove anything you can to return the bike to stock and sell off the pieces and you will get your asking price. Nobody want's to hear it but it is what it is. Been there done that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts