Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling one Sena 20s helmet communications unit with 2 brackets for mounting on helmet. I had these mounted on my modular helmet and one on my 3/4 open face helmet and then just moved the electronic module between helmets. I tested with the 3 different mics and came to the following conclusion:

• For an open helmet use the wire only mic and put it on the helmet just above your eyes. It's amazing how well this works at 30mph and slower. Around 40mph there is too much wind on the mic.
  • For a modular helmet use the short boom mic and position it in between cheek padding. I found the long boom mic would sometimes get caught in the clip area where the modular helmet closes (hence the scratches on the long boom mic).

One highlight for the Sena 20s that not many helmet comms have is the ability to plug in in ear earphones and bypass the helmet speakers. If you really want to block out road noise and not have to turn the volume up beyond 50%, this is the way to go. The earphone jack is on the helmet bracket. If you don't plug in headphones, the speakers automattically work, but if you plug in earphones then the speakers are turned off. You connect the Sena 20s to your phone via bluetooth or you have the option of plugging into MP3 players or other stuff via a hardwired stereo jack and connecting that to the Sena 20s helmet bracket.

I really like this unit but decided to upgrade to the Sena 50s - the mesh intercom will be fun to play with. With my 50s I'm using the short boom in my modular helmet and it's a great setup.

I paid $350 for all this stuff but selling for $100 for everything plus you pay the actual UPS shipping charges. I'll send you a request for the shipping charge after shipped.

Here's the detail list of what you get:
1 x Sena 20s module
2 x helmet mounting brackets for 20s (each with ear speakers and Velcro)
Microphones
1 x long boom mics (scratched but works)
2 x short boom mics never used
2 x wired mics (one never used)
7 x boom mic covers never used
1 x boom mic cover used
4 x speaker spacers thick never used
2 x speaker spacers thin never used
1 x USB charging cable
1 x 12V accessory charging cable
2 x Allen wrenches for screws on helmet bracket
1 x Aux stereo audio cable
Lots of 3M stickers with Velcro for various mounting needs.
Documentation

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll take it. PM sent.

Reactions: Hardin 08 VTX1800F

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm having to back out of purchase due to upcoming medical bills (VTX related) Sorry, @Crawdaddy

So, they're still available...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts