Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - have read the various posts and sticky on fuel management - looking for advice on setting the 3 port Fi2000. Have 2002 C 1800 - P4, de-smog, and Cobra slashcuts. Have the low end popping and decel junk. All I want to do is get rid of that and not burn too much gas! Don't have the time or access to a dyno to do a PCIII justice.

What settings would anybody recommend?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
From the many posts I have read over the years here, the Cobra Tri Pot settings most have used 2-0-0. This seems to be the common ground for the FI2000. Have you done the desmog? What settings are you using now?

Hope this helps.

Jim...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have done the desmog - haven't even installed the Fi2000 yet - got with the preset's dialed in. I have read the "2-0-0" most have suggested.

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
2-0-0, that Fi2000 will not solve your poor gas mileage though. It can only add fuel and will not subtract fuel if the bike is too rich

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Put the Cobra on with the settings from the factory. Run two tanks of fuel riding the same style. That should take care of your decel pop. Calculate mileage too! Then change the settings to 2-0-0 for two tanks of fuel. Calculate mileage. Then put the settings back or leave them accordingly.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
2FS4LV said:
Put the Cobra on with the settings from the factory. Run two tanks of fuel riding the same style. That should take care of your decel pop. Calculate mileage too! Then change the settings to 2-0-0 for two tanks of fuel. Calculate mileage. Then put the settings back or leave them accordingly.
you make no sense at all.
why even put it on?????

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Johnnycheese said:
2FS4LV said:
you make no sense at all.
why even put it on?????
:wink:

For most "recreational" riders, it does more harm than good ...

... if you leave it in the box you don't have tpo waste a lot of time with readjustments every time you change your plugs ...

... and the bike runs fine and gets better mileage without it ...

but ...

I like de-cel pop ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts