Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is off topic or not, I'll let the management decide.

I met another VTX rider out at our local bike nite and got to talking about where he got some of his mods. He gave me the name of Shadetree Powersports. Ok, cool, looked them up the next day. Gotta say, they have pretty good prices. Anyway after getting my list together I call them to place an order,but before I do, I wanted to ask some fitment questions. Since I wanted to purchase a windshield and saddle bags with bag bars, I kinda to wanted to make sure they were right.
They gave me their toll free # for product information department. This started at 9:30 in the A.M, and after several tries each hour for 4 hours and getting nothing but a busy signal, (no voice mail or anything), I tried their order department again to see if they could get me through. I got a different person this time, and her suggestion was that I contact my local Honda dealer to ask them. Hmmmm, ask my local dealer about products of someone else's business. I hung up but I still kept trying.
So, it is now 8 hrs. later and still busy. I just called back to the order department again and they put me to customer service. After explaning again, all I get is I'm sorry you'll have to just keep trying. I'm feeling stupid for constantly trying to call and give someone my money when they obviously don't care if they sell anything or not. Leaves me wondering if I bought something and had a problem would I still get the same run-around. So, I guess I'm shopping for another Vendor again.
Hope this helps anyone that's thinking about buying from them. Spend your money with someone who appreciates the business.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Why not shop right here at HDL :? ??? They are the sponsors of our forum

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did call them a couple days ago, and their prices where higher. They were polite and answered the questions...not knocking them, but why pay more if I can get them cheaper. Plus they don't have the bags I was looking for.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
HDL may not have the bags you are looking for, but I bet they have other stuff you want and need. They will also beat any price from somewhere else by $5. All you have to do is call them and let them know . Plus free shipping.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You pay more because you don't waste all day not getting through to someone. If you charged your hourly rate for what you do, have you exceeded that price savings, yet? Hey, if your time isn't worth that much, i guess you're still getting a bargain.

I'll spend my money with someone who appreciates my business, but i'd rather spend my money with someone who appreciates my time.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HDL may not have the bags you are looking for, but I bet they have other stuff you want and need.
That's true...I didn't say I wouldn't ever buy anything from them (HDL), they just don't have what I'm looking for right now. I just posted what happened in case anybody's thinking of buying from them (Shadetree)
may think twice.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
MemphisFred said:
HDL may not have the bags you are looking for, but I bet they have other stuff you want and need.
That's true...I didn't say I wouldn't ever buy anything from them (HDL), they just don't have what I'm looking for right now. I just posted what happened in case anybody's thinking of buying from them (Shadetree)
may think twice.
Thanks for the heads up 8)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'd suggest dialing over and over. I was there on a Saturday and the phones never stopped ringing. It's my understanding they do a good amount of business.
All the guys I saw were young and they also have a booth at 'Bike Nite' manned by a couple young girls who, collectively, may be able to spell "motorcycle"..........but only if they have a catalog in front of them. :roll:
Good luck getting your questions answered.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have ordered from Shadetree a couple of times with no problems at all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MemphisFred
Shadetree does have some good prices; however, I agree with 4inchpistons they do not have much in support. They are more of as long as you know what you need type of place. Their store here in Ohio (a nice 20 min. ride from the house into amish country) is no more than a few girls calling someone in the back and telling them what to bring up front for the sale. I have not had any problems with them and have bought a fair amount of items from them. HDL has great products and pricing also and have bought from them as well. It all depends on what you are looking for in service.
TG

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
The only time I dont buy from HDL is when they dont have it or cant get it..02 Have a safe one.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey TennX, I like that tank bib you have. If you go out to bike nite I'd like to take a better look at it.

Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts