Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met another VTX rider out at our local bike nite and got to talking about where he got some of his mods. He gave me the name of Shadetree Powersports. Ok, cool, looked them up the next day. Gotta say, they have pretty good prices. Anyway after getting my list together I call them to place an order,but before I do, I wanted to ask some fitment questions. Since I wanted to purchase a windshield and saddle bags with bag bars, I kinda to wanted to make sure they were right.

They gave me their toll free # for product information department. This started at 9:30 in the A.M, and after several tries each hour for 4 hours and getting nothing but a busy signal, (no voice mail or anything), I tried their order department again to see if they could get me through. I got a different person this time, and her suggestion was that I contact my local Honda dealer to ask them. Hmmmm, ask my local dealer about products of someone else's business. I hung up but I still kept trying.

So, it is now 8 hrs. later and still busy. I just called back to the order department again and they put me to customer service. After explaning again, all I get is I'm sorry you'll have to just keep trying. I'm feeling stupid for constantly trying to call and give someone my money when they obviously don't care if they sell anything or not. Leaves me wondering if I bought something and had a problem would I still get the same run-around. So, I guess I'm shopping for another Vendor again.

Hope this helps anyone that's thinking about buying from them. Spend your money with someone who appreciates the business.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Fred - why don't you call Honda Direct Line? they are the ones that sponsor this forum and keep it going?

they are very helpful and you can always ask for Dave A for very specific things or ask here on this board.

the best thing is because your order will more than likely be over $100, no shipping fees, they will meet - 5% any other pricing, you don't have to drive anywhere to get your stuff and no sales tax.

i research stuff from the locals to what it looks like, comparison, etc, but then jump online and find everything cheaper

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to them the other day about the windshield but they didn't have the bags I wanted. But I'll be calling back Monday for the windshield. That leaves me trying to figure out the saddle bag guards. I'll make a seperate post and maybe somebody can answer the question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts