Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have suggestions for extending the shift peg? I added a pair of Kuryakyn Switchblades and now my foot position is out about an inch further. This makes getting a hold of the peg a bit awkward. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_0232.jpg

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Some one on here makes a bracket, can't remember who. But it replaces the rear bracket on the controls. It adds about 2'. I got mine about a year ago. They come in black. I got mine used and he had them chromed. They feel so much better then stock. I'm 6'1. Smitt

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn swept floor boards and adding that spindle/adapter pushes them out - so I find I have to turn my toe in to shift...a bit annoying...an extension to the peg would be great.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
If I put an ext on them, it would look very funny, lol. She's just gona have to deal with it till she takes her test and starts riding her own. and I'll be putting them up front for me the same day, lol. Smitt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. That's my problem...I have to turn my foot in to shift AND it is annoying. I thought about just taking it to a fabrication/weld shop and having one made but I gotta believe someone out there has already solved this problem. Anyway, if I discover a easy, cost effective solution I'll let you know. In the mean time, if you hear of anything that might work let me know.

Thanks.

-s

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I sure will, thanks for the input, Smitt
Yeah. That's my problem...I have to turn my foot in to shift AND it is annoying. I thought about just taking it to a fabrication/weld shop and having one made but I gotta believe someone out there has already solved this problem. Anyway, if I discover a easy, cost effective solution I'll let you know. In the mean time, if you hear of anything that might work let me know.

Thanks.

-s

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
That's exactly what I need. Thanks for tracking it down. I really appreciate it.

You go first - let me know how it goes - I need to get one as well. ;)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The wife and I need to talk, not sure it's a big difference for her. If that's the case I will be moving them to the front. I have the front stock peg ext's and I like them a lot. Gave me another two inches. Would not really use them around town. I'm sure I would love them on the highway, I could get my legs perfect I think. Will keep you posted, Smitt

Attachments

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I got a brake pedal extension from wishmasterg ... slips over the existing pedal and secured with set screws. I'd imagine a shift extension should be quite similar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts