Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of the best cross country trucking line to move big bikes?

Interested in a Miami to Seattle shipment this spring for a west coast ride, then ship back.

Any help, especially from those who have used one, is appreciated.

David

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
My neighbor used ABF trucking inc. To ship his Honda CBR929 from Pa. to CA. And a guy I use to ride with works for ABF. Very save driving records in there co.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I would use a Motorcycle specific shipper. The usually supply the pallet that secures the bike. For greater safety I would purchase a reusable shipping container that is totally enclosed and then also use a m/c cover on the bike too. That is the best way to do it with people that ship only Motorcycles.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dude, The money you spend on shipping both ways would buy you an enclosed trailer. :thumbup: And you could always sell it later.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
RIDE BIKE!:roll::D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Send me the plane ticket and I'll ride it up and back and do a IBA ride for a kicker.

·
Registered
294 Posts
bike shipping

I did this first time, bought ebay bike, and had it shipped from kentucky to western nebr. Used the funtransport outfit. they took ex. care of bike. missed delivery date by 4 days, but it was winter. slow time for them also. I would recomend them also, ride safe

·
Registered
125 Posts
How about renting a bike out there. Alot cheaper then shipping your bike, I know you like to have your own bike, but look at the trouble to ship and maybe damaged.Unless your going to be there for a month or longer to make it worth while.:doorag:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Kinda off subject, but where did you get your gator at? Been looking for somewhere to book a hunt at. Lol, I just looked at your profile, and that thing is STILL alive... Whoops. But if you know that would be cool.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
How about renting a bike out there. Alot cheaper then shipping your bike, I know you like to have your own bike, but look at the trouble to ship and maybe damaged.Unless your going to be there for a month or longer to make it worth while.:doorag:

Bike rental is about $125 per day in or around Yellowstone.

If you were just going to ride a couple days, I would agree with you. That would make sense.

If you are going to ride a week, that may not be cost effective.

GT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts