Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
in case you have NOT downloaded the free service manual from this forum

the round hoop at the top of the shock is called an "EYE"...
just in case you did not know.
in this case.. both top and bottom has eye's...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
"Thumbs Up" does not display on Chrome nor FireFox browsers.
You are using a Font that the browser does not have.
Best to type the words.
Thank You Sir,,, I did not know that..

I am from the DOS world.. :)
I so dislike software writers..

should be an automatic NOTE.. font not available...
>:)

instead... something that looks like a "FOWL" word...

old guy here... google translation program...
https://www.iemoji.com/view/emoji/1304/skin-tones/thumbs-up-light-skin-tone

·
Registered
11,346 Posts

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
If you have more than a couple thousand miles on the bushings, just toss 'em and get new ones. CHEAP, easy to change, makes a Yuuuuge difference in the ride!

·
Old Goat
24,764 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Can some body tell me the correct size for a 2007 1300S ? I would appreciate it, my phone is very slow when I try to search. I've been told Grainger has them in something better than rubber and I'm in need of some for my bike and the wifes shadow spirit. I tried searching but finally gave up. TIA

·
Old Goat
24,764 Posts
Can some body tell me the correct size for a 2007 1300S ? I would appreciate it, my phone is very slow when I try to search. I've been told Grainger has them in something better than rubber and I'm in need of some for my bike and the wifes shadow spirit. I tried searching but finally gave up. TIA
Look at the link I posted in my reply....:frown: us old timers been using that part number “like forever man” >:)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Honda Green Poly-urethane(good) BUSH, RUBBER (UPPER) GREEN
52489-HN0-671 $2.00 at partzilla.com; $2.50 at Directlineparts.com; $2.09 at ronayers.com
PLUS whatever shipping. These GREEN replace any BLACK ones on the VTX 1300 and 1800.
The best ones to use...

Mcmaster Carr nylon(mixed results)
Google ""vtxoa: mcmaster carr"" for threads

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
"Thumbs Up" does not display on Chrome nor FireFox browsers.
You are using a Font that the browser does not have.
Best to type the words.
Thank You Sir,,, I did not know that..

I am from the DOS world.. :)
I so dislike software writers..
A) I do not know a single browser that displays those characters as anything but plain characters (FF, Chrome, IE).
B) We have built-in smilies here, just look to the right of the textbox you're typing your reply in and click on one. Or type in : thumbup : . It gives you this: :thumbup:
C) Web Developers (aka "spiders") aren't the smartest people in the world. Which explains why most webpages in the world are sh*t. I've seen some of those "professionals" use MS Word to edit HTML pages!!! :surprise:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ok I googled it and came up with 5/8 id,7/8od,and 3/4 long. Im going to a local grainger tomorrow, if I can't find something that'll work I'll order them. I would rather walk in and pick it up if possible. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
11,346 Posts
Ok I googled it and came up with 5/8 id,7/8od,and 3/4 long. Im going to a local grainger tomorrow, if I can't find something that'll work I'll order them. I would rather walk in and pick it up if possible. Thanks y'all.
Green Poly bushings are way better than black OEM Bushings. I used auto heater hose for awhile , better than Black OEM Bushings.

Whatever floats your boat...

·
Old Goat
24,764 Posts
Green Poly bushings are way better than black OEM Bushings. I used auto heater hose for awhile , better than Black OEM Bushings.

Whatever floats your boat...
Yeah I tried the McMaster bushings....I found them to rigid....gave them away and bought a sack full of the poly...:thumbup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
someone here told me mine were shot about 10,000 miles ago..
i haven't done anything and don't feel,,,,hear or see any problems....lol

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Why not just go to a Honda dealer and get the right bushings? Looks like there is a Grainger and Honda dealers not far from you. The bushings are not that expensive and should match the internet prices.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts