Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, to make this brief I currently have one shock off the bike. I was wondering if it’s ok to keep one shock off for a couple days while i wait for my new progressives to come in the mail, or could that potentially damage to bike or bend the frame since the weight is on one side. The bike is on the kickstand not a lift for more context. I appreciate any feedback 👌

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Hey all, to make this brief I currently have one shock off the bike. I was wondering if it’s ok to keep one shock off for a couple days while i wait for my new progressives to come in the mail, or could that potentially damage to bike or bend the frame since the weight is on one side. The bike is on the kickstand not a lift for more context. I appreciate any feedback 👌
Put the other shock back on.:cool:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
With no load (500 lbs of riders and luggage) on the rear of the bike, I do not see a reason to worry about damage to any components. If you are still worried, put a jack under the rear of the frame and unload the rear wheel some.

·
Premium Member
10,165 Posts
It won't hurt for it to just sit there, really. Just don't try to ride it.

As mentioned, if it were me, I'd put the back wheel off the ground by putting it on a jeck, or at least up on blocks, but it would not be necessary.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
yup i just ordered a jack off amazon just waiting for it to come because i can’t get the shock back on 😂
Use the 'search' tool in the upper margin. Key word Bike stand. Build your own out of 2 x 4's, take you an hr. or so. Measure twice cut once. Use a cordless drill & long deck screws.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For your own safety put the shock back on because this definitely going to affect the driving

1 - 15 of 15 Posts