Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

I got my 05 VTX C and when I took a ride this weekend I started to feel some straining in my shoulders. I'm 6'3 and would like to get better bars. I think that if I could lean back a bit, like the riding position on the 1800s, I would be more comfortable. Will 1800 bars bolt onto our 1300s? If not, what bars/risers would you recommend to pull the bars back 2-3 inches?

Ian

·
Registered
956 Posts
Short answer is 1800 bars will fit (actually any 1 inch bar will), but you may have to extend the wiring and cables etc. or perhaps use cables etc. from a 1300R and use the stock R risers or any of the 1800's risers.

Another route is to go with VTXRisers or Scootworks riser for the C - they'll bring the bars back and up, and you probably won't need new cables just some rerouting...

A different seat (Like BadX's mod of the 1800C seat) can also make a big difference - and should be done before a bar change (and it will be so much more comfortable to ride too!).

Good luck! :thumbup:

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
Really, you probably won't have to change anything other than move your cables from their original position to behind the triple trees. I have some pretty tall bars, but due to the end to end length, I didn't have to change a thing.:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just purchased and installed the risers from Scootworks and what a difference. Brought the bars both up and back, it is much better feel and cost less than $90.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts