Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK me the smart on lost my key to my Kewel Metal Helmet locks and I am in need of a set of keys made. Went to a locksmith here and he has never seen a barrel lock like this one. Anybody got any ideas......

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Contact Kewlmetal. Either look them up on their website or PM BigJoe on this forum. They will know how to get you replacements.

Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
X8urHD said:
Contact Kewlmetal. Either look them up on their website or PM BigJoe on this forum. They will know how to get you replacements.

Rob
They wer of no help really. There is no lock code on the locks and I am sure I will need a locksmith to make a lock. Just not sure who can do it?

·
Mad Hatter
21,352 Posts
Well hate to be the Bearer of BAD News, But U can Not make keys for those Locks... KewlMetal has too many different Keys codes, U will Almost have to Buy New Locks :( :( Or at Least Send them Back to KewlMetal and See if they can MAYBE get U a New Key :idea: :idea: Good Luck!!

Oh And I have talked to Joe before about this Very Matter, So ......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nodakbassmaster said:
They come with more than one key.... where's the spare? I suppose it might be harder to find than the missing key you were using? :lol:
Well the spare set was here but as luck has it NOBDY knows where they are now. As far as not having a key code etc sound to me to be kinda stupid. What is soooo freaking special about these locks. I won't buy any more of them just figure out another way to secure my helmet I guess since they cost too much IMHO.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
There's got to be a way to handle the situation. What did Kewlmetal say? Don't they have a keycode on the lock on the inside somewhere? You'd think you could disassemble it and find some info. You could also try Kury, since they sell the same part... maybe their support is better. Or, try to make your own key... it isn't that complex. It's just a round tube with a couple divots cut out where the pins in the lock are and a nub that sticks out to index it. Given a tube of the right size and a dremel you could probably make your own.

Or keep looking for that spare...

Rob

·
Mad Hatter
21,352 Posts
In all reality, Just call Joe!!!He may have a Solution for Ya... Don't email or PM, Call Him!!

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Thry are barrel locks right? I've heard if you warm the open end of a Bic pen and shove it in the hole, it will work in emergency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts