Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A colleague of mine offered me an 05 1300 C for KBB trade in a good looking bike with some nice custom touches new bars for example BUT with a slipping clutch at 12K miles...

Thanks karl

·
Old Goat
25,656 Posts
Welcome and good choice, as the C is a hell of a platform...if all thats wrong with it is a slipping clutch ( easy fix) I say go for it, course Im prejudiced and biased.....good luck

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Welcome to the board, If its just an adjustment issue on the clutch then go for it. But if the clutch need replacing after only 12,000 mile I would be wondering what kind of abuse this bike has seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you steer me to a tread on how I can tell the difference...There is a a new 200 Metzler on the back.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Welcome to the board, If its just an adjustment issue on the clutch then go for it. But if the clutch need replacing after only 12,000 mile I would be wondering what kind of abuse this bike has seen.
Or it's got the wrong oil in it.

Editted to say, Your man took the time to change the rear tire but not the time to adjust the clutch??? Step away. there's way to many any bikes any year that run perfect for under KBB....

·
Old Goat
25,656 Posts
You know despite all us experts :mrgreen:, you could take it to someplace you trust to have it checked out, if you really like the bike...Just a thought...:dontknow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took a ride around the Quabbin this afternoon. (think Land between the lakes in TN/KY ) The smart thing for me to do is walk away
:(

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Took a ride around the Quabbin this afternoon. (think Land between the lakes in TN/KY ) The smart thing for me to do is walk away
:(
If you're close enough to Memphis that you think it's worth it, a co-worker has an '05 1300 c for sale with VERY low miles. He's had health issues and hasn't been able to ride. The bike is in excellent shape with a few add ons.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275286

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input

She who must be obeyed has made it clear that if I enjoy living indoors that a fourth bike is not in my immediate future.
The bike looks like Big Gun's without the long shots. Nice looking machine in Western MA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts