Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have Show Chrome Accessories equipment on their VTX?

light bars and the like?

I see they "still" make various parts for the VTX, but I also see they seem to sell primarily through ebay which is bothersome.

pictures and reviews would be great.. thanks.

·
Registered
9,144 Posts

light bars and the like?

I see they "still" make various parts for the VTX, but I also see they seem to sell primarily through ebay which is bothersome.

I believe my handgrips are ShowChrome, but not certain. I've had the bike 10 years now, and they were on the bike from the PO.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1300 had show chrome grips and 1300 & 1800 both have SC brake pedal pads.
The SC license plate frame is sitting in a box in the shed.

·
Registered
190 Posts

light bars and the like?

You and I are on similar quests. You are reviving your bike and I have bought another one and both of us needing various parts and accessories. We seem to want the same stuff. I'd like to get a light bar. I'll look for that on eBay.

·
Registered
66 Posts

light bars and the like?

They do at DK, I bought this set a few years back and they are bright !
They light up the road great , I started using them during the day as well two years ago and the number of people making left turns in front of me or pulling out in front of me dropped dramatically !!
Show Chrome Accessories 3 1/2 in. Elliptical Driving Light Kit - 55-332 Cruiser Motorcycle | Dennis Kirk

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I have this light bar on my bike.

If you don’t have an R/S you will have to buy new turn signals and the adapters to mount to the bottom of the bar. The signals from a C wrap around the fork.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What did you do with your front turn signals?
There are small aluminum disc's that fit inside the light bar under the driving lights themselves, then your factory turn signals bolt up to the disc's so the signals are actually vertical underneath the lights.
But.....
When I added the lowers to the windshield two years ago I had to change the signal mounts again, so to gain room I turned the light bar 180 degrees and added two little pieces of aluminum angle so I could mount the signals.
The light bar is now actually facing backwards but it gave me the room I needed for the signals so they wouldn't interfere with the lowers.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
66 Posts
Now see , now I have to try to figure out how edit out double posting of pictures......

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now see , now I have to try to figure out how edit out double posting of pictures......
click the 3 dots top right corner of the post.

click edit

delete the images you double posted by placing the cursor behind the image (to the right essentially) and hitting backspace.

·
Registered
66 Posts
click the 3 dots top right corner of the post.

click edit

delete the images you double posted by placing the cursor behind the image (to the right essentially) and hitting backspace.
Thanks, got it 👍

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
There are small aluminum disc's that fit inside the light bar under the driving lights themselves, then your factory turn signals bolt up to the disc's so the signals are actually vertical underneath the lights.
But.....
When I added the lowers to the windshield two years ago I had to change the signal mounts again, so to gain room I turned the light bar 180 degrees and added two little pieces of aluminum angle so I could mount the signals.
The light bar is now actually facing backwards but it gave me the room I needed for the signals so they wouldn't interfere with the lowers.
View attachment 188044
Brilliant!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts