120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am researching to buy:
Chrome Swingarm Frame Trim
I noticed a big price difference
Show Chrome approx. $110
Kuryakyn approx $65
what's up with that?
I havent physically seen either only online.
can anyone tell me what's the difference in quality? :confused:
Help please!!

·
Old Goat
26,218 Posts
IMHO show chrome is better quality, but I gathered that just from reading reviews. good luck on your choice

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Kury = cast aluminum JUNK with crappy chrome made by 8 yr olds in some third world country.

Can't speak on behalf of the Show Chrome stuff.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Kury Crap

I myself am not at all impressed by Kury. I have quite a few items from them- before I learned better, but the overall quality stinks. I will give one exception - There LED Turn and Brakes bullets are excellent.

The Chief

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
So Hick

You don't care for Kury stuff, huh?
Where'd ya' get that idea? LOL.

Look, if you want a fur coat, make sure it's not made from rat fur. Kury mass produces parts on a scale no other company can match. Likewise, they cut corners anywhere they can to keep cost low and increase profit. What you end up with is parts that do not fit, and chrome that peels quickly. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I don't have anything Show Chrome, but I'm pretty happy to-date with my Kuryakyn stuff.... then again I also prefer rat-fur coats :dontknow: ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
show chrome vs kuryakyn

just received show chrome swing arm covers and kuryakyn iso grips about 30 min. ago. both look very good in the packaging. I have alot of accessories from both companies and so far very happy

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
ive been happy with kury..chrome not bad at all..and there parts do fit very well..ive had the chrome swing arm cover and the matching final drive covers..held up very well..i gave them to a buddy of mine that still
has them on..i went to all OEM CHROME upgrades..no more covers on back end...:D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I personally like show chrome better, better quality Had kury and 1-2 years chrome bubbled flaked. on the other hand show chrome finish better and never had problem with the chrome or fit. :agree:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have both Kury and Show Chrome, gotta go with the Show for quality! Kury may have a great price but promise that quality makes the diff!:firstplace:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've got a number of Show Chrome and Kuryakyn accessories, which you can see by clicking on the link in my signature. I've been very pleased with Show Chrome, and mostly pleased with Kuryakyn. Kury's fuel shutoff cover is better IMO than Show Chrome's part. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd say that Show Chrome's accessories are generally better.

Hondaline has some nice accessories, but they are expensive.
:agree::agree:eek:n the Hondaline being nice:agree::agree:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Show Chrome

Without a doubt,,,Show Chrome produces a better fit and chromed product. Kury has gottren so big that they have lost the quality edge they once had. Their big ticket items that everybody seems to purchase like ISO grips and Hypers are dedicated decent quality becuase they probably sell the most. Their corporate strategy is produce more to sell more,,,not always the best policy when the quality suffers.

JP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts