Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Santa has provided me the money for the new pipes and I need photos of your rides showing your pipes!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
9,510 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,223 Posts
Looks is only a small part of pipes. Sound is what you might want to know beforehand.
Sound is very subjective. What I may like, you may hate. Now you've spent $500 or more on a system that you can't stand the sound of. I've heard this many times over the years on this board.
"I just purchased an exhaust from recommendations from this board and they sound horrible. What do I do now?"
Best thing to do is find your state board from this list; http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=75
Then find out when & where fellow VTXOA members are getting together and go introduce yourself and have a listen. 8)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Definitely check sound in person. But as far as looks, here's my Cobra Speedster Longs... took these pics today on my Xmas ride .. 45 degrees and sunny in jersey!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
pipes

+1 on that Chicago-Spike. I listened to alot of pipes/slipons before I purchased the Roadhouse slipons for my Retro. The sound is just what I wanted!:thumbup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
The best looking and sounding pipes.................................BUBS

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sideburners!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Vance & Heins Crusers. Sound great and one of the best buy for pipes on the 1300 in my oppinion.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Cobra Slip-On Slashcuts Exhaust

What the dealer says:
If you've got a Honda VTX1300 Retro in your garage, do yourself a favor and get a set of Cobra's new VTX1300 Retro exhausts to complete your killer custom look. Custom designed for the VTX1300 Retro, these beautifully chromed exhausts add a little extra something to Honda's VTX family.

Dont sound as good as Cobra Speedster Slashdowns. They keep the retro look. And dont break the bank!

If you want to here the sound of whatever pipe, plug it in to UTUBE most are there.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
:thumbup:HardKrome 2.5 Classic Straights

Very nice tone and I love the lines over many other models...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cobra speedster longs. For me it was a toss up between the Longs,the shorts and the slashcuts.My wife went with the slashcuts on her VStar 1100 and they sound awesome.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sideburners!

Is the inside of your tail pipe chrome? :roll:
Did you do that yourself or did it come that way?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts