Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be replacing my saddlebags with real leather bags. The hardest part I have is picturing what they will look like on my bike. Can you all please post pictures of your bike showing the saddle bag.

As you can see in my picture I have the Leatherlyke. I don't have any issues or problems with them, just want to explore other options.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Here is my Boss Bags and the mounting system

One from the rear

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Damn, JP... That is one sweet avatar! Me likey! :shock:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Bags

Tour Master large angle slant

·
Registered
900 Posts
Don't have a picture of my bike, but instead of leather because of the 39.5 inches of rain we average in Seattle each year I put on the Champion Sidecar Hard Bags.

Picture of a Candy Red Retro with bags, from the Champion Web Site. (Same as mine) http://www.championsidecars.com

Expensive but worth it to me. They have a lot of room and look great and I receive a lot of positive comments from others. The locks on the bags are the only draw back.

Good luck with your search.

Ride Safe, Take Care, Dan
:coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1:

[/url]

·
Registered
395 Posts
He posted a bike picture?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I haven't seen these Patriots until now. I think I like those better than the Beetle bags. Where did you get and how much?

·
Registered
86 Posts
XBox said:
I haven't seen these Patriots until now. I think I like those better than the Beetle bags. Where did you get and how much?
Champion Sidecars out of California. Cost - Expensive. I think it was $1400.00 but in my opinion worth every penny. The only thing that sucks on them is the locks. They sent me the Arlin Ness Bullet lights as well. I like them better than the lights they were installing into the bag.

http://www.championsidecars.com/

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Custom Classic Saddlebags..... http://www.ccsaddlebags.com
Bigger size then Bossbags for half the price...quick release no frame showing....

oh yeah...notice the whimpy looking fatboy on the other side of my X....it's my little brother's bike...so I can say whimpy.....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea Slamman, very nice looking, especially on the retro. Not my style so to speak but they really do look sharp...

The Custom Classic Saddlebags look good with Ultimate seats as well.

I'm not sure if I want boxed or slanted bags. I'm leaning more towards a slanted style. I really like the studded Honda Leather Saddlebags but not the ones Hal is selling. He has the 18-liter capacity, which is this one:

The ones I like are a Honda Leather bag as well BUT has 24-liter capacity and look like this:

I really like the style of the 2nd bags, just don't know if the size will be too big. The larger bag is also about $110 more $$...juts not sure.

·
Registered
86 Posts
JPfeiffer said:
Yea Slamman, very nice looking, especially on the retro. Not my style so to speak but they really do look sharp...

The Custom Classic Saddlebags look good with Ultimate seats as well.

I'm not sure if I want boxed or slanted bags. I'm leaning more towards a slanted style. I really like the studded Honda Leather Saddlebags but not the ones Hal is selling. He has the 18-liter capacity, which is this one:

The ones I like are a Honda Leather bag as well BUT has 24-liter capacity and look like this:

I really like the style of the 2nd bags, just don't know if the size will be too big. The larger bag is also about $110 more $$...juts not sure.
If I am not mistaken, I think I've seen on here where some people weren't to pleased with the Honda Bags. You may want to do a search on that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts