Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get the long slotted grommet for the 1300 side cover? I bought the 5 piece kit that includes 2 ovals, 2 round and the slotted. But the slotted is not long enough and doesn't fit over the post. I tried forcing it hoping it would stretch, but I only tore it. Also open to other alternatives.

·
Registered
41,413 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the long slotted grommet for the 1300 side cover? I bought the 5 piece kit that includes 2 ovals, 2 round and the slotted. But the slotted is not long enough and doesn't fit over the post. I tried forcing it hoping it would stretch, but I only tore it. Also open to other alternatives.
What year is your bike? What model?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
1. Glue the rubber on the post.
2. Wrap the post with black tape and forgo the rubber.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I put a dab of silicone on the mount and put the rubber back on. Wont come off easily anyway. Doesnt solve your immediate problem however.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I looked into that just last week. previous owner must have lost them and I wanted to get around to replacing them. my local dealer doesn't stock them, but they can get them in. if you go to a dealer, look at the battery box micro fiche. that's where you'll find them

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had lost one of the long rubber grommets that go over the metal tabs on the frame that the side covers slide onto...easy fix, 3/8 fuel line cut to length, then slit down one side...like many say RTV silicon dabbed on, slide it into place and will never come off. End of rattle, lines up just fine.

Ride Safe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.