Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but could find what i was looking for. How do you remove the side covers? The sales guy put the maint. manual in there and I can't get to it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang, thanks for the quick response. I tried that, but was afraid of breaking it. Guess I'll try it again. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip, I noticed that when I took it off this morning. I knew there was a reason I hung around this board. There's always people willing to help. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That same exact advice was given to a friend of mine at work when he bought his 1300S and so he pulled the backside loose and then kept pulling and broke the slots on the front side of the cover. The guy forgot
to mention to slide the cover towards the engine after the backside is loose to free the tab from the cover. Only half the instructions is just as bad as not having all the instructions.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That same exact advice was given to a friend of mine at work when he bought his 1300S and so he pulled the backside loose and then kept pulling and broke the slots on the front side of the cover. The guy forgot
to mention to slide the cover towards the engine after the backside is loose to free the tab from the cover. Only half the instructions is just as bad as not having all the instructions.
Slide the cover back towards the engine before you pull. I broke one of my tabs the 1st time I took one off.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've lost one of the bumpers from each side...anybody got a couple lying around they'd like to part with?

CW

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've lost one of the bumpers from each side...anybody got a couple lying around they'd like to part with?

CW
Yea, sometimes when you install the cover, it pushes the rubber grommet out the other side. So, what I do to make the cover slip on easily is use a little soap inside the hole. When you push on the cover, it will slide easily, the soapy water will dry and there you have it. That way the grip of the grommet stays intact in its mounting hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts