Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick wirring question/opinion from you electrical experts.I have installed Kury signal mirrors on my '06 1300C. I need a keyed 12v source for the running light function. I know the black/brown wire in the headlight housing is for aux driving light relay. Will I be ok to use it as the power source for the led running lights or should I use some other source or hook up a relay?

P.S. talked to Kury tech support to find out that the stock run leads can not be used as they turn off when turn signal is tuned on. :( Good info and tech support was very helpful and knowledgable.:yikes::grin:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I don't know how much power it is going to draw, so you may be able to get away without using a relay, but using a relay is probably the safest way to do it. If you don't and you end up blowing the fuse, you lose your entire headlight....

There is a *Blue wire with white trace* that is in a 6 pin (or 12-pin, I don't remember..it's the blue with white trace though!) wiring harness in the headlight bucket that is good for triggering a relay. It is "hot" whenever the headlight (high OR low beam) is on. In other words, whenever the key is ON except during starting/cranking so as not to run through the starter switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts