Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 VTX C 1300 Red, Cobra pipes, K&N, Jetted, Dennis Kirk Solo Seat, Memphis Fats, 6800 miles
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally bought my bike with the original seat and sissy bar...Since I have been adding things to the bike, I have found that I like the look of the Sissy bar.
I put on Pipes and a solo seat, then added a windshield...now I've been looking for soft bags, however I'm having second thoughts since I put the sissy bar back on. I'm now just thinking about getting a round or oval bag to attach to the sissy bar and be done with it. My reasons for not getting soft bags are that I never ride that far and really don't need much more space to hold a sweatshirt or jacket and gloves.
Do any of you keep your sissy bar on even if you don't ride with anybody? Just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Mine to me completes the over-all look of the bike. I have a 3rd LED running light mounted near the top of the pad for more visibility. I also use a Kury Ultra-Tour travel bag for the rare overnight or weekend ride, and it has a wide velcro band that wraps around the sissy bar. It can either sit on the passenger pilion or the other way, on the sissy bar back flat bracket, but it does sag a bit back there. Since I'm packing & riding solo, it's better on the pilion. Then if needed, I can strap a small cooler or sleeping bag back there. Or something else. I also have my LeatherLyke bags that ea. hold 25 qts. worth of extra clothes, bike cover, a few hand tools, etc. Thats what they're for, hauling extra stuff. If getting soft bags make sure you get the metal loop bag standoffs so the leather doesn't scuff the fender paint or chrome.

·
Old Goat
26,595 Posts
I agree I like the looks of the sissy bar…having said that …I have paladin quick release ….good luck

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have the full set up (backrest, bags, & windshield), but they come off in the summer time of the occasional solo ride*.

I've said it a thousand times if I said it once, nothing beats the look of a Retro naked!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I originally bought my bike with the original seat and sissy bar...Since I have been adding things to the bike, I have found that I like the look of the Sissy bar.
I put on Pipes and a solo seat, then added a windshield...now I've been looking for soft bags, however I'm having second thoughts since I put the sissy bar back on. I'm now just thinking about getting a round or oval bag to attach to the sissy bar and be done with it. My reasons for not getting soft bags are that I never ride that far and really don't need much more space to hold a sweatshirt or jacket and gloves.
Do any of you keep your sissy bar on even if you don't ride with anybody? Just curious.
I have a small bag attached he'd to the sissy bar so I can carry gloves and minor things. I can also attach an extra helmet to the sissy bar if I'm picking up someone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts