Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Leatherlyke, and seems I have a small dilema. I purchased the H.A.C. brand sissy bar from HDL awhile back. It's a great backrest for the price. Problem is, Leatherlyke has no idea which of their mounting brackets (if any) will work with this backrest. Does anybody else have this set up, and if so, which set of bags from Leatherlyke worked.

Thanks

link to the sissy bar:
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/vtx/p ... =699810378

·
Registered
48 Posts
G.R. - I like your backrest. Can you get a luggage rack for it?
Are you looking for a saddle bags from Leatherlyke? Wasn't sure form your post.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
geeper, yes I'm looking to put some leatherlyke bags on the bike, but having some issues with which set of bags will fit due to the non-stock sissy bar. I've talked to someone at leatherlyke, and they are also doing some research, I'll post what they tell me when they get back to me.

As for the luggage rack, when I purchased this sissy bar I did not consider one, but I've been looking for some aftermarket ones now as well. HAC does carry one, but I haven't been able to locate a vender that handles it yet (they're located in denmark or something).

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've just talked to Leatherlyke again on the phone. This makes the 3rd conversation with the same person. To make a long story short, I will never deal with this company. I called them specifically to find out which set of bags to purchase with the set up I have, and honestly I got the impression they had no desire to make an attempt to help. From what I've seen, these are nice bags, but with this experience, it will a be a LONG time before I ever consider making a purchase with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts