Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
maybe an east coast thing.... mine is OK.

Texas, currently.

hope its fixed soon.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Could be the result of a broken ad trying to load if it's only happening to those in certain geographic areas. Not getting any slow behaviour here in Toronto.

Can you tell me some more details about your set up? For starters, what browser you are using and whether or not you see any ad-blockers or other ad ons to you browser.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Mine isn't "slow", but I do get the cursor disappearing as I'm typing, and having to re-click into the reply to finish typing. It's REALLY annoying!!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
It's the ads, plain and simple. I can seem them display as the 'Reply to Thread' function is trying to open, and they go on and on and on. In the bottom left scroll-bar it says, "Waiting for...and you'll see they have ad names.

Sometimes it's better than others, but there have been a number of times where it was so slow I just gave up posting anything. I've also experienced funky edit glitches, like my cursor's inability to space down and inability of the toolbar functions such as Insert Links, Insert Image or wrap text to work.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Hey @House O'Pain,

Could you send us screenshots and the URL of the ads that appear to be slowing the loading process of your page? With these details, we can forward them to our tech team to get them fixed right away.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we look into this.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It seems to be an ad at the top, which "circles" with a "play" symbol, but does nothing else. It just keeps doing it over and over. I think it's an ad for Google Play, but can't tell for sure, since it never seems to completely load. If I click the X in the upper left corner, it goes away, and the cursor works like it's supposed to in the messages.

For those others who are experiencing this, try closing that ad, or Reload the page, and see if it changes to a different ad, and allows you to work normally.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Hey @House O'Pain,

Could you send us screenshots and the URL of the ads that appear to be slowing the loading process of your page? With these details, we can forward them to our tech team to get them fixed right away.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we look into this.

Cheers,
Natalie
This site is not allowing me to paste in a screen shot. I get the error message, "Request Entity Too Large"

If you could see the screen shot, you would see in the lower left corner text that shows "Connecting to" or "Waiting for" and then the site address. There are a long list of ads that load when I try to post, or whenever I click on a forum link. Multiple ads scroll quickly as they try to load and that lower left location shows them. I have and use a Malware software, so I think they are ads on this site loading and bogging down the site.

Here are just three I noted:

Waiting for api.viglink.com
Waiting for for beacon.krxd.net
Connecting to dsum-sec.casalemedia.coms

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Hey guys,

As Natalie said, one we get a screenshot and the URL we can report them to our tech team and get them sorted. If you are unable to send a screenshot, even if you send the URL. It'll help to try find the ad.

Niall

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
This is the frame info for the Ad that seems to be causing the problem for me:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<title>SafeFrame Container</title>
</head>
<body>
<script>
(function(){var b=this;var f=String.prototype.trim?function(a){return a.trim()}:function(a){return a.replace(/^[\s\xa0]+|[\s\xa0]+$/g,"")},h=function(a,c){return a<c?-1:a>c?1:0};var k;a:{var l=b.navigator;if(l){var m=l.userAgent;if(m){k=m;break a}}k=""};var ba=function(a,c){var g=aa;return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(g,a)?g[a]:g[a]=c(a)};var ca=-1!=k.indexOf("Opera"),n=-1!=k.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=k.indexOf("MSIE"),da=-1!=k.indexOf("Edge"),p=-1!=k.indexOf("Gecko")&&!(-1!=k.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==k.indexOf("Edge"))&&!(-1!=k.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=k.indexOf("MSIE"))&&-1==k.indexOf("Edge"),r=-1!=k.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==k.indexOf("Edge"),t=function(){var a=b.document;return a?a.documentMode:void 0},u;
a:{var v="",w=function(){var a=k;if(p)return/rv\:([^\);]+)(\)|;)/.exec(a);if(da)return/Edge\/([\d\.]+)/.exec(a);if(n)return/\b(?:MSIE|rv)[: ]([^\);]+)(\)|;)/.exec(a);if(r)return/WebKit\/(\S+)/.exec(a);if(ca)return/(?:Version)[ \/]?(\S+)/.exec(a)}();w&&(v=w?w[1]:"");if(n){var x=t();if(null!=x&&x>parseFloat(v)){u=String(x);break a}}u=v}
var y=u,aa={},z=function(a){return ba(a,function(){for(var c=0,g=f(String(y)).split("."),R=f(String(a)).split("."),fa=Math.max(g.length,R.length),q=0;0==c&&q<fa;q++){var d=g[q]||"",e=R[q]||"";do{d=/(\d*)(\D*)(.*)/.exec(d)||["","","",""];e=/(\d*)(\D*)(.*)/.exec(e)||["","","",""];if(0==d[0].length&&0==e[0].length)break;c=h(0==d[1].length?0:parseInt(d[1],10),0==e[1].length?0:parseInt(e[1],10))||h(0==d[2].length,0==e[2].length)||h(d[2],e[2]);d=d[3];e=e[3]}while(0==c)}return 0<=c})},A;var B=b.document;
A=B&&n?t()||("CSS1Compat"==B.compatMode?parseInt(y,10):5):void 0;var C;if(!(C=!p&&!n)){var D;if(D=n)D=9<=Number(A);C=D}C||p&&z("1.9.1");n&&z("9");var E=p||r||n&&z(11);var ea=/^([^;]+);(\d+);([\s\S]*)$/;try{var F=ea.exec(window.name);if(null===F)throw Error("Cannot parse serialized data");var G=+F[2],H=F[3];if(G>H.length)throw Error("Cannot parse serialized data");var I={b:F[1],content:H.substr(0,G),a:H.substr(G)},J;var K=/[&#]eid=([\d,]+)/,L=window.location.hash,M=L.match(K);M?(window.location.hash=L.replace(K,""),J=M[1].split(",")):J=[];var N=J;N.indexOf&&0<=N.indexOf("131968836")&&E&&(window.name="");b.sf_={v:I.b,exp:N,cfg:I.a};var O=I.content,P=window;if(E){var Q=P.document;Q.open("text/html",
"replace");Q.write(O);Q.close()}else{var S=O,T;if(T=n&&z(7)&&!z(10)){var U=navigator.userAgent.match(/Trident\/([0-9]+.[0-9]+)/);T=6>(U?parseFloat(U[1]):0)}var V;if(V=T)a:{for(var W=0;W<S.length;++W)if(127<S.charCodeAt(W)){V=!0;break a}V=!1}if(V){for(var X=unescape(encodeURIComponent(S)),ga=Math.floor(X.length/2),Y=[],Z=0;Z<ga;++Z)Y[Z]=String.fromCharCode(256*X.charCodeAt(2*Z+1)+X.charCodeAt(2*Z));1==X.length%2&&(Y[ga]=X.charAt(X.length-1));S=Y.join("")}P.goog_content=S;P.location.replace("javascript:window.goog_content")}}catch(a){};}).call(this);
</script>
</body>
</html>

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts