Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me sitting upright (keeping the back erect) and closer to the tank gives me the best control especially during turns and braking. What's you best sitting position?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Depends on what I am doing. Rolling down the motorway at 70, laid back loving the ride. Doing a few twisties, a little more upright and watching the road. Spinning it around on a two lane, climb up on the tank, foot on brake, hand on clutch and vertical backbone.
Staying on top of the bike in slow situations is the way to do it.........for me. Ride safe safe travels

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that's my 2 cents and change..

For me sitting upright (keeping the back erect) and closer to the tank gives me the best control especially during turns and braking. What's you best sitting position?
My best riding position is doggy style. >:)

Seriously though....
The best sitting position varies by rider and bike. If you're riding a 'crotch rocket' or a Cafe style bike your best sitting position isn't going to be the same as on a dropped seat chopper with ape hanger bars. What is best in regard to sitting close or far from the tank has to do with leg length and arm legnth given that all factors are equil (if everyone's bike was the same). Best sitting position can even vary by riding conditions. If it's windy, or if you're doing 80 mph, your best sitting position isn't going to be the same as at 30 mph in dead calm wind.

In short, the 'best' position is what is most comfortable that still allows you to control the bike efficiently.

·
Old Goat
24,794 Posts
I know this is a serious question .....But..............I use a engine hoist to get on/off the bike....everything in between is a crap shoot...riding posture at my age , I take what I can get...good luck

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'll chime in and agree with TennX and CurtE. At my age (62), the best mods I have added (comfort wise) is a backrest and running boards. I'm getting ready to install some risers, which I hope add to the comfort too.
AND, my best riding position --- hands on the bars & butt in the seat!!!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I like leaning forward a bit. When my sciatica kicks in I have to ride the ST-1300 to keep my knees bent and my torso leaning forward. I have modified my 1800F with straight risers and semi drag bars to give me a bit of a forward lean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts