Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Rick, we really enjoyed meeting with you, your daughter, and her boyfriend. Glad you got to take a spin on your new ride and enjoy some of our warm Texas weather before loading her up and heading back to "Iceland". Be safe on your trip home, and God bless.

"Wow, this thing is Way more comfortable than my 240 1800C"

"Here's copies of all the receipts, the service manual, some touch-up paint, yada-yada....."

Me, Rick, and That other dude.

New owner with the old owners.

****ed, locked, and ready to rock.

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
Rick, we really enjoyed meeting with you, your daughter, and her boyfriend. Glad you got to take a spin on your new ride and enjoy some of our warm Texas weather before loading her up and heading back to "Iceland". Be safe on your trip home, and God bless.

Thanks for posting the pics hick. It looks like it's a win win for everyone:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hey all!

What a weekend that was, good thing I like road trips. Luckily my daughter was home on college Christmas break, so she and her boyfriend went with me. It was nice having another driver. We left Friday morning, got back last nite about 9 PM. Stayed Saturday nite at my sisters who lives just 10 minutes from where the bike was. It was so nice to meet hick and Michael and Pati. Super, super people. I have met so many great people from this simple m/c forum.

Some trivia -
2360 miles. Averaged 13.3 mpg for the trip. Got there in 18 hrs 15 minutes. Got home in 17 hours 59 minutes, the trip home were only "not moving" for 43 minutes according to the GPS. Weather in Houston was 83* on Saturday! I have never road m/c in January before! It was 72* when we left at 3 AM Sunday. It was 8* when we got back to Sioux Falls. I have to get it unloaded yet today. I was going to post some pics, but the ones already posted here pretty much cover it.
I took this 1300 for about a 10 minute ride and wow, really comfortable and fun to ride. The big ole beach bars were really nice and the whole backrest, floorboard thing is different for me. It would really be nice on long rides.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I told my wife Nikki about your good fortune, and she wants dibs on "the pretty, red bike" if your wife decides to upgrade. ;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I told my wife Nikki about your good fortune, and she wants dibs on "the pretty, red bike" if your wife decides to upgrade. ;)
Will know about June if its for sale. :D

It is one very nice Shadow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts