Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope y'all go have fun for me now

I got t-boned last Friday afternoon, bumper ran my left leg into my engine and broke both bonez. Tibial Plateau Fracture and broken fibia (sp?) Top of platform on my left shinbone is about 1/3 cracked off and moved down.

Never had a broken bone before - will have to have surgery next week, to screw the fucker back together - never been cut before either.

Came around a corner you couldn't see around 1 block from my house about 10 mph (circular loop st I live on) turned my head to wave at neighbor and as I turned back just a fash of red and LOUD noise. Bike highsided - I think I jumped off it cuz I was standing at first then I told the people I wuz gonna lay down in the road cuz it hurt and I wanted to see if it got better in a few, but they called an ambulance (nuther first).

Pipes scratched (hey I wanna see about those ones with the switcheable baffles I can't remember the name of, electric switch to turn something inside to quit or loud them perhaps? Peacemakers) - one of my Xtreme revolution flamed turn signals and munched engine guard (case for engine guards - would have been way worse without it I'm sure. See below) Need new floorboard cover, not much really.

Being in recovery - I know about the dangers but I must admit I got my head on my chest today on 2 oxycodones which are about to wear off and it's throbbing again - not too bad when I sit still but if they move it I scaareeream like a little gurl.

Ambulance driver asked if that was my wallet in my pocket and I told him no it was his.

This sure forks up my summer plans - no riding and couple months with no weight on that leg, swimming will be out, and damn it I only have so many summers left.

But still, no real coulda woulda shoulda regrets - my life is still very very awesome and it's just a bump in the road, change in da planz...

Nothin but a thang..but I won't be making any rides this summer.

update - the guy is now trying to say I ran into him, which is a good trick since there is no damage to front of my bike before engine guards. And, looking and having it looked at by the insurance agent - let me tell you - without those engine guards I really doubt I would still have a left leg to get operated on next Wednesday - seriously - if you're running without them - get some. They had to have taken 90% of the force cuz he never even got his brakes on till he hit me. Hate to imagine my leg without them.

I wuz ok with shared blame until I heard he is trying to say I hit him - bottom line he ran into me. and I think I best go see a lawyer this week.

Best defense could be a good offense, and I find it rather offensive he says I hit him (he's 19 years old)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow. First and foremost, you'll live and have no long term damage. Thank God for that! Bummer about the leg & surgery, I hope all goes well for you. Sounds like the bike should be "healed" up quicker than you. I too am a firm believer of those engine guards... after all, they make a great place to put Highway Pegs!

Get Well Fast, Get a lawyer and get your bike repaired.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
WOW Bloomz sorry to hear about this. I am glad that you did not get hurt any worse than that ( Bike can be replaced, you cant ) this really sucks. I wish you the best of lucki n your recovery and getting the bike back up and riding again. I think the weather should be good thru the month of October so hopefully your back on the rode in no time. Take care and get healed up..........

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Bloomz

Glad to hear you are going to be ok with time, I know about that recovery stuff just to easy to get to liking that feeling.

You really should contact your insurance agent about getting a good lawyer, if he hit you in the side also get some statemens from anyone that may have seen it happen.

My brother came off his crotch rocket "Yama R1" last march he was doing around 130 he had most of his good gear on but wasn't wearing his good boots well he got a badly broken ankle and some good road rash.
R1 is gone total loss but he went right out and got a BMW 1150rs and has been back riding for a month now, the plates and pins in the ankle have an affect but short rides are ok.

Heal up and get the ride back in shape.

·
Registered
497 Posts
personally, I'd sue the punk into oblivion, just to make me feel better. Glad you'll live to ride another day. I can't afford engine guards right now so if anyone wants to donate some I'll take em :lol:

Get better man!

Mac

oh ya, don't sweat the cuttin' and boltin back together. Had it done a few yrs back, ya go to sleep and wake up when its done. then they give you some saahhhweeet drugs!! Just make sure you ask for a hot nurse :twisted:

Mac

G

·
damn bloomz!!!! sue the piss out of the guy. and if you need any help recovering money from him im sure we can round up a posse here that may influence him to do the right thing. heal up man!

·
Registered
316 Posts
wreckedt said:
damn bloomz!!!! sue the piss out of the guy. and if you need any help recovering money from him im sure we can round up a posse here that may influence him to do the right thing. heal up man!
Just e-mail him a link to your Avatar... I guarantee he'll be intimidated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey, hope you get better soon! Sounds like it could have been way worse then it was!

As for this
You really should contact your insurance agent about getting a good lawyer
just remember, who ever is paying the lawyer, that's who's interests they are looking out for!

So if you need one to look out for you, make sure you are paying them (and you make the turd who hit you pay for that too!)

I hope you teach the little pos a lesson.

Get well soon!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts