Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Jardine Slip-on that leaks :?
at the connection point..... (not a snug fit like the stock pipe/feel air)!!
What is the best (NON- "rigged") way to acheive an airtight fit between the Slip-on and the OEM system?? Should I have it welded on?
(By the way HUGE-POPs at decel and backfires! I don't want to desmog/pcIII until I know my connections are true) :oops:
Help me, Tapper (Or any one)!! You guys are my only hope!!
Thanks,Bros!

·
Registered
437 Posts
do you have the carbon fiber gasket? someimes it is stuck inside the stock muffler. my roadhouse uses it. they cost like 20$ new from the dealer if it is gizzed up.t

·
Registered
53 Posts
jardine

Good idea to replace that seal at the connection point with a new one ..mine leaked some too....replaced seal ring..and all was good..
Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:( Sad thing is ....if I had a HARLEY ...A) would i even need to MOD my bike?? (Probably not)
and B) it would be a lot easier to get tech support or advice.

Thanks anyways, folks.

G

·
I have the Roadhouse slip-ons. First, I used the Honda clamp and it leaked like crazy. I changed to the Pipe clamps that came with the aftermarket exhaust and no more leaks. I think the Honda clamp may only work with the Honda Slip-on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A- go buy a Harley
B- you'll need a lot more tech support
C- Your Honda will never be a Harley
D-you won't need mods. you'll need parts to keep it running

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
MATT-VTX-JAX said:
:( Sad thing is ....if I had a HARLEY ...A) would i even need to MOD my bike?? (Probably not)

Thanks anyways, folks.
Hmmmmm :roll:

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
MATT-VTX-JAX said:

Thanks anyways, folks.
The sad thing is you are here :!: Want a harley buy a harley and go cry over on the HD board.

·
Registered
53 Posts
geeeezzz..matt,maybe we can all chip in and get you that harley,but dont sell the honda youll need a parts runner!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
MATT-VTX-JAX said:
:( Sad thing is ....if I had a HARLEY
...A)
You wouldn't be here! 8)
MATT-VTX-JAX said:
would i even need to MOD my bike?? (Probably not)
To keep up with the X you'd need to double the purchase price.
MATT-VTX-JAX said:
B) it would be a lot easier to get tech support or advice.
You post a question and 1 day later you have 2 answers that don't suit you and your crying?
MATT-VTX-JAX said:
Thanks anyways, folks.
Did you try calling Jardine for help with your problem?, I bet not. :roll:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for affirming my comment BOYS.....!!!!!!!!
You know as I do NOW....... if metric is SOOooo much better!??!!!
Why all these mods????!!?? WHY aren't we happy with the finished product??!!???????????????
I made a BIG mistake... and thank GOD I have the STONES to admit it!!!
I went for value/quality and you know what?!! I got both!! but.... THE FACT THAT I am Fu%&ing with slip-ons and GOD Da*M clamps and removing SH!T from my bike......leads me to one HUGE reality!!!!!!! I am NOT satisfied with my purchase!!! AND MY BIKE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
............ If you have modified your X ...then essintially you wern't completely satisfied....were you!?! Stop lying to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!
(to those of you that have chosen to leave your bike "mechanically" STOCK ..as I have NOW chosen to do... I salute and admire you!!)
I will ride my STOCK VTX AS-IS and be happy! Good-bye wannabe's .... enjoy your crawl to the Harley dealership! :twisted:

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
MATT-VTX-JAX said:
Why all these mods????!!?? WHY aren't we happy with the finished product??!!???????????????
I went for value/quality and you know what?!! I got both!! but.... THE FACT THAT I am Fu%&ing with slip-ons and GOD Da*M clamps and removing SH!T from my bike......leads me to one HUGE reality!!!!!!! I am NOT satisfied with my purchase!!! AND MY BIKE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
............ If you have modified your X ...then essintially you wern't completely satisfied....were you!?! Stop lying to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!
(to those of you that have chosen to leave your bike "mechanically" STOCK ..as I have NOW chosen to do... I salute and admire you!!)
I will ride my STOCK VTX AS-IS and be happy! Good-bye wannabe's .... enjoy your crawl to the Harley dealership! :twisted:
WOW that was a mouth full.......of sShit. Go troll elsewhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Guys..i dont think the boy ever rode a harley..my mommy had one...i just think they are slugs..il tell tell you this matt..them harleys seem to stop making all that noise,,and lay back when they set there sites on my vtx...and any mods i do is my own personal reflection in a bike...but i ride with so called big block harleys...and this bike runs away from them...maybe you need the german engine harley,(vrod)they run well,but sound like sh.t!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
MATT-VTX-JAX said:

When you get your Harley lets race for pink slips !!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
You would in fact be doing mods to your Harley

Harleys from the factory have just as quiet an exhaust as your VTX. If you want it louder, you have to put aftermarket pipes on it.

Dave

G

·
I have a leak too with my roadhouse shorty,put new gasket on and there
is still a lot of gap.I am using the Honda clamp,I did not recieve a clamp with my shorty.Is there a nother clamp setup I can use?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
dufus said:
I have a leak too with my roadhouse shorty,put new gasket on and there
is still a lot of gap.I am using the Honda clamp,I did not recieve a clamp with my shorty.Is there a nother clamp setup I can use?
Thanks
RH Shorty on a C = use a 2" automotive-type u-bolt/clamp.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
MATT-VTX-JAX said:
I don't understand your post? Are you bashing Honda's or are you having problems with your slipons? I don't know one Harley rider who hasn't modified there bike one way or another. And to be honest, with your attitude, you need to be elsewhere other than this board. I don't think the Harley riders will welcome you either. Your very angry, and you need to get to the root of your problem, and your slipons or choice of bike isn't it.
Try this website, register and log in to the forum, and post your question there. It might save you a heart attack.
http://stress.about.com/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts