Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anybody have one of these shields installed on their bike I am looking for info on it. Likes, dis-likes, ease of mounting, that kind of stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I have a windshield styled like that on my 85 Vt1100 and it works great. I looked for one like it for the VTX and none was made at the time (2006) or I would have gotten it. I almost bought the Falcon SS32 anyway when it came out because the shield on my VT1100 does do a better job keeping the hands warm but I already have 2 windshields (Switchblades) and hand deflectors and the work good enough most of the time.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I love the switch blades except for one thing. They mount so verticle. I'd like a bit more lean towards the driver. So, yesterday after a nice 150 mile ride, I got home and decided to see what I can do. I mad a template for one side out of cardboard. Put a towel over the headlight for protection, took the right side buttons off, put my template on the mount, put the top button back on leaving off the bottom one. Had wifey hold the windshield against the top button as I moved the bottom of the windshield out about an inch. Looks Great!!. Now all I need to do is find the right nut for the bottom mount, the right bolt for the bottom button, cut out a piece of metal a triangular shaped piece for a bracket about 3.75 inches tall and about 2 inches wide at the bottom, drill it using my template and remount. The top button should hold the new bracket as well as the button.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dangrous. How is it mounted to the bike. It looks like a good shield but finding info on it is almost impossible.:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Thanks Dangrous. How is it mounted to the bike. It looks like a good shield but finding info on it is almost impossible.:dontknow:

My 85 shadow mounts differently with black plastic mounts

I found this description and have seen that they make mounts for straight or tapered forks so make sure to order the correct ones for your model if you buy one.

"Measures from the top of the Headlight to the top of the shield. Slip streamer is the leading manufacture of windshields in the market today! Mounting systems and their fasteners are all triple chrome plated for a beautiful finish. The windshield is constructed out of 3/16" Lucite acrylic."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the follow-up Dangrous. I am probably going to order one within the next week or so.:thumbup: I am still going to try to get a little more info before I purchase.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx NOX. I will see if I can find it on ebay. I had found it for $229 on motorcycle windshield .com, but that sounds like a little better of a price.:thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey NOX, do you have any pics of it on your bike?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts