Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I haven't tried that one, but I used to have a slipstreamer spitfire on my wife's bike. It was made well, but neither I or she cared for the bar mounted shield. It looks like the stealth shares the same bar mounts for the upper portion... I can say that the spitfire shield was all over the place above 40mph. We switched her over to a National Cycle Dakota shield (which I still need to cut down).

Have you looked at Memphis Shades batwings? I think it would be much more solid at higher speeds.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used an original SS20 on my 82 CX500 when it was new. I paid $29 for it new at Nicholson Yamaha in Mt. Pleasant TX back then. I wish you could still get them for that price!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I haven't used the Stelth but I do have the Falcon model on my 1300S for a couple of years now. Very well made and once you get it adjusted right it is very stable even at WOT down the super slab. I can't tell if the Stelth is a bar mount, if so they do sometimes have issues staying in place at speed. The Falcon is fork mounted so if the Stelth happens to be too you should be good to go.

Good luck,
Dave

G

·
I saw the slipstreamer stealth on ebay but ended up going with the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing instead, very worth the money :thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I currently have a MS shield and would love to have the batwing, just hate to spend that kind of money. Ya know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts