Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to pick up this smoker for an incredible price. Needs a little bit of cleanup/resto but it will be a cool project. Will also be using it for my sons' birthday parties. Funny part is it makes the Excursion look small.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Looks to me like it was made from a big propane tank, although that sub picture sure looks similar.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Is that for Steaks...

Burgers...

or RIBS!?!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It was too dark so I fixed and chopped it for a better look. Cost a small fortune just to fire it up hoss!

I think you should purchase a couple propane tanks and convert it to that rather than charcoal unless you have some good stuff for burning/smokin.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Have you scheduled the first party yet???

What a Find!

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
It was too dark so I fixed and chopped it for a better look. Cost a small fortune just to fire it up hoss!

I think you should purchase a couple propane tanks and convert it to that rather than charcoal unless you have some good stuff for burning/smokin.
Dual Fuel, and set up to use the propane to at least get it going, that is if it is in need of a major refurbishing or a full rebuild, then I'd add gas to the mix...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really it only needs a good sanding and painting. One of the hoods inside needs a hanger welded back on. Dec. 10th is my son's bday party so that will be the first big use. I'm going to try and build a partition inside to section off one of the chambers - hell i may just stack wood in there to section it off!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Really it only needs a good sanding and painting....
Yikes! Sanding that sucker would take all week and then some - plus your arms would transform from normal, to jello, to Arnold...
Why not media blast?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only have a 20ish gallon air compressor I don't know if it would keep up. Well that and I don't have a media blaster.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I only have a 20ish gallon air compressor I don't know if it would keep up. Well that and I don't have a media blaster.
Rental?

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Sunbelt Rentals? United Rentals?
I know I've used rented equipment of this size on job sites. Might be cost prohibitive, but it's definitely worth a phone call or two.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts