Honda VTX Forum banner

Smokin' paint job, literally.

830 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  wildabouthorses 
#1 ·
I was supposed to hook up with a couple guys a couple weeks ago to go riding. They weren't able to make it because one of their bikes (not a VTX) wouldn't start after reinstalling the body parts they had just gotten back from getting one of those real looking flame paint jobs.

I found out today that the paint shop had never done a fuel injected bike before and baked the tank with all the electronic/electrical components intact.

The bike is currently in the shop getting the parts replaced to the tune of $700.

Pretty cool, huh?

#5 ·
Outlander said:
What sux is the paint shop said they'd cover the damage until they heard how much. Classy.
Can I assume that you've already paid them? If so, I think I'd be filing a petition in Small Claims Court.

Eddie

#6 ·
eddiecohen said:
Outlander said:
What sux is the paint shop said they'd cover the damage until they heard how much. Classy.
Can I assume that you've already paid them? If so, I think I'd be filing a petition in Small Claims Court.

Eddie
It's not my bike or problem. I'm sure they'll work something out that makes both parties equally unhappy.

#10 ·
Wow guess thats something to watch out for when you take your stuff to a painter...we took our trailer to the guy that painted our truck twice after accidents since he did such a good job on the truck you wouldn't know its been in an accident. He admitted he had never painted a motorcycle trailer or motorcycle before but wanted to give it a try and expand his business. He would definatly need to know about this if he did a bike and doesn't know it, he did a super job on the trailer matching it to our bike just using the original colored side cover that came with the bike. His price was in line with what the trailer companies online would do it for. And yes we did try the motorcycle painters but either they were backed up for months or didn't even want to come out to give an estimate! :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.