Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to make sure that this year the meet before Colorado at your place will be June 29th so I can make sure the reservations are right. I'm assuming this day since it was Wed last year.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Snake, you around?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
We are looking at June 30(Thursday) for the steak out. We will ride up on Friday. I have got to finish this mess of engineering I'm envolved in down here in Houston prior to that. That is why I haven't posted all the details yet. It is going to be tight to get all this done before then, but is looking pretty good right now.
As soon as I get a warm and fuzzy feeling about completion of the engineering package for my project, I will post details for the steak out as I have in the past.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Snakebite said:
We are looking at June 30(Thursday) for the steak out. We will ride up on Friday.
I am so bummed! We were hoping for Wednesday. :roll:

We will be starting our rides on Friday so I guess the Colorado folks helping on the event will have to miss it this year.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Polar X said:
damnit..... I am never going to get one of those steaks :evil: :evil:

I gota work the rides....as do several CO folks...

I ain't doing this crap next year, you miss out on the finer things in life. oh well, hopefully there will be next year :( :(
Hang on guys...nothing is in stone yet, and besides if you poor hard working folks in Colorado wanted to come down on Wednesday, I'll bet I can fire up that grill 2 days in a row. Let me see where I stand with this dadgum engineering project I'm on at about that time, and we'll see what we can do. Don't give up yet.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Snakebite said:
Hang on guys...nothing is in stone yet, and besides if you poor hard working folks in Colorado wanted to come down on Wednesday, I'll bet I can fire up that grill 2 days in a row. Let me see where I stand with this dadgum engineering project I'm on at about that time, and we'll see what we can do. Don't give up yet.
:eat2: Oh yea, we be hanging just fine!

You know ... if something gets in the way of riding, especially riding in Colorado I got "2" words for you my friend, Raise in Pay! Oh ... that's 3 words, sorry. :lol:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Cliff said:
Snakebite said:
:eat2: Oh yea, we be hanging just fine!

You know ... if something gets in the way of riding, especially riding in Colorado I got "2" words for you my friend, Raise in Pay! Oh ... that's 3 words, sorry. :lol:
I knew you and I thought a lot alike, but you won't believe how close you are on this one. I have done three tough projects in a row. The company came up with the old routine of take your vacation or loose it, so I scheduled it and sent it in. They pitched a fit. I said then don't tell me I loose it. Either pay me for it, or carry it over to next year(we have had record 3 years in a row), and if I'm so damned important that I can't take a few days at a time then you're not paying me enough. They allowed me to carry over, but now it is stacked up, but I have all kinds of BIG work looking me in the eye. I was told I was getting promotion and raise after this big project(carrot), but that I really need to stay very intimately involved with the project(weasel words for not taking time off).
In any case, I'm working on 3 or 4 days vacation during our July 4th weekend which would be Wed. Thur. and Fri. and possible Tues of the following week. Will keep you guys posted on outcome.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Snakebite said:
Polar X said:

I ain't doing this crap next year, you miss out on the finer things in life. oh well, hopefully there will be next year :( :(
:roll: That being the case...I'm in for helping you cook on Wednesday and then heading up to Denver on Thursday, then, if you do a Thursday thingy as well, iCe will probably be there for you?! Could that be the semblance of a plan?? :roll: :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
POGOGOLF said:
Snakebite said:
Polar X said:

:roll: That being the case...I'm in for helping you cook on Wednesday and then heading up to Denver on Thursday, then, if you do a Thursday thingy as well, iCe will probably be there for you?! Could that be the semblance of a plan?? :roll: :)
It most certainly is Ollie...(sitting here looking like Stan Laurel).

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Snakebite said:
POGOGOLF said:
Snakebite said:
Polar X said:

It most certainly is Ollie...(sitting here looking like Stan Laurel).
I kinda GOT to come 'cause I never could find a way to get a box (or 2) of those sausages we cooked last year and I do want some for here at the house!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts