Honda VTX Forum banner

Sneaky rain!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pirate X 
#1 ·
Wife and i took out for a little ride after church. There were broken fluffy clouds in the sky. Thought nothing about it its common. Got out a little way and looked back. Sure enough clouds were closing up gettin dark. :( time to head back. Got close to home and cought a light rain about 5 miles from the house. Ha ha. It felt good though as it wasnt a hard rain yet. At an intersection we saw probably 20 other bikes going through, all with the same look on our face. The wife did say she wanted to go riding and then for a swim today...

#3 ·
I was on a Victory Demo Ride on Friday and we dodged a few showers. Just ended up with the wet lower legs.....no rain after church yesterday, beautiful ride with my daughter and them with my wife later in the day :D

#4 ·
Pirate i live about 10 mins from gardner on the south side of olathe. Nice to see a couple of other x'ers on here live so close. I see so many of em on the road and wonder how many are on here.

I test rode the victory bikes a couple weeks ago. Gatta say i liked them. But still to cheap to pay that much money. Also my x runs way to good to step awy from, but i do enjoy checking out other rides from time to time. ?

#5 ·
Well if you want to ride sometime let me know. I can usually come up with a little time for a ride.

I didn't hear about that Victory test ride until after it was over. I would have liked to taken a couple of them for a spin. I agree there are some nice looking bikes out there but I'm too cheap to pay that kind of money. Especially when I like my X so much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.