Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
The endless rumors about what went on behind the scenes.....None of this would have happened if he would have just stayed committed until they benched him for performance. Until Rodgers beat him out, he was more than welcome to stay. Who do you know that can quit and come back after his position was filled. Now he has a grudge against management? Why? Because they could not undo what was done? Then they offered MILLIONS to stay home. MILLIONS to do nothing, kinda like the Obama plan for the US, and he actually refuses the best offer on the planet. Wow.

I wish him luck, they will certainly beat the Bears now for sure. The games with Green Bay will certainly be more interesting than the games would have been. Naturally, he could have signed with a bunch of teams struggling with lacking QB's, but he wanted Minnesota only. Kind of odd. If he says it isn't revenge, he sure acts like it is with his actions.

Hey CAPS, just wait until he retires on you guys next year, and then reverses his decision ten times before the next season, causing dissarray and anger throughout the land. That will be fun. We got sick of the yearly ritual.

If he would have just stayed until he couldn't do it anymore, then he could go out with class. Now, people are coming after him and most of the fan base is disenfranchised with good ole #4.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when he left the Pack, didn't the order of importance in WI go something like this...

1) Brett Favre
2) God
3) Vince Lombardi

He could have kept his demi-god status in WI for the rest of his life, but he sold it all away, for what? A few million more. He could have lived the rest of his life with little to no expenses, but he didn't know when to quit. And beyond that, he went to one of the pack's biggest rivals.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I meant that IF Rodgers eventually won the starting job, then Brett would have finally been benched and that would have been the end for him. Until Rodgers did that, Brett could have kept it going until then. Even the great ones eventually have to take a knee and give the ball up. He just needed to keep on doing what he had to do to keep his job. He was welcome by the Packers to stay and fight until he was 50 if he was still the best guy on the team at QB. But no, he quit, walked away, and then changed his mind 6 months later. This is all on him. I loved his style and his risk taking, hated his risk taking when it backfired. But it paid off way more than it cost us games. It was worth it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
All I know is this is going to be one of the craziest seasons of Packer football in my memory. It will most certainly rank up there with the superbowl seasons. I was a huge Favre supporter up until last year and I even thought back in July that I might be able to take my Favre memorabilia out of hiding, but this took the cake. And Mike is right. It was a HUGE slap in the face to us as Packer fans. The love affair is most certainly over and we have moved on from denial to grief to anger. Lies, lies lies lies. At least he was honest when he stated that is legacy is what he thinks of it..... Just proves that it has always been about him and him only. Piss on the fans.

:popcorn: Looking forward to that first MN GB game.. I think the world will be watching.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I cant wait for that game, just seen it's on ESPN so we will get it down here. Will be a wierd feeling watching a Packer / Viking game :dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when he left the Pack, didn't the order of importance in WI go something like this...

1) Brett Favre
2) God
3) Vince Lombardi

He could have kept his demi-god status in WI for the rest of his life, but he sold it all away, for what? A few million more. He could have lived the rest of his life with little to no expenses, but he didn't know when to quit. And beyond that, he went to one of the pack's biggest rivals.
:agree: it's like he just can't help himself, does he seriously expect us to believe that childress called him up in the morning and he was at practice that afternoon, he must think that all packer fans are stupid. i seriously hope that the chiefs/viks game is just a small preview of his entire season.
I heard that barnett has stated that he will definately be gunning for him.

p.s. are you happy with your exhaust from vtxexhaust.com, i have been seriously lookng into getting them on mine. just wondering what they sound like in person, too muffled or nice rap?

·
Registered
4 Posts
:agree:hey, i thought the same thing when i saw that, yeah get it right!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts