Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find rear rotors, and while checking for fitment issues, and with the assistance of some info Dangerousdan had dug up, I found a new mod. Say you don't really want the foots 200 mod, but you would be interested in the added braking power of the 1800 dual piston caliper. Well, it appears that you can change your rotor to an 1800S rotor, and install the 1800 brake caliper and bracket. The 1800S rotor will bolt up directly to your stock 1300C/R/S rim with no modification.

Just an FYI for you modders out there who might be interested in the added braking power without spending the dough for the 1800 rim.

·
Registered
101 Posts
very very interesting. is the r caliper and rotor the same as well or those different? also what about the rear master cylinder. will that be able to provide enough fluid to the dual caliper, since it is bigger than the 1300 caliper?

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chucko200 said:
very very interesting. is the r caliper and rotor the same as well or those different? also what about the rear master cylinder. will that be able to provide enough fluid to the dual caliper, since it is bigger than the 1300 caliper?
The 1800R has the same rotor as the 1800C, which will not fit the 1300 rim. The 1300 master cylinder does just fine with the 1800 caliper.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ok gotcha, has to be the s rotor and caliper.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Cool so if planning a foots mod we could do it in stages
1. Brakes
2. Watch for a deal on the wheel and 1800c/r rotor or have the 1800s rotor machined to fit the 1800c wheel if you could find someone to do it cheaper than buying the 1800c rotor
3. Complete with tire of choice
3. Smile Big :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chucko200 wrote:
ok gotcha, has to be the s rotor and caliper.

Actually, the caliper and caliper bracket can come from any 1800 model.
i forgot to add the 1800 part

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Re: So I found a new mod by accident.

cybrhick said:
I've been trying to find rear rotors, and while checking for fitment issues, and with the assistance of some info Dangerousdan (Dangrousdan I had to leave the e out of danger when signing up , dangerousdan may have been taken in the past) had dug up, I found a new mod. Say you don't really want the foots 200 mod, but you would be interested in the added braking power of the 1800 dual piston caliper. Well, it appears that you can change your rotor to an 1800S rotor, and install the 1800 brake caliper and bracket. The 1800S rotor will bolt up directly to your stock 1300C/R/S rim with no modification.

Just an FYI for you modders out there who might be interested in the added braking power without spending the dough for the 1800 rim.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
cybrhick said:
michael7276 said:
cybrhick said:
michael7276 said:
I'm confused...
What's new.
So then why are guys gettin their 1300 rotors machined to fit the 1800 wheel?
Read what I wrote, and you'll understand.
If I didnt get it the first 19 times I read it, what makes you think I'll understand it on the 20th time? :evil:

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, here it is laid out for those not catching on.

We'll call it the Dangrous mod since he gave me the info than started me thinking.

Dangrous mod

What is it - 1800 rear brake system on a 1300.

Why do it - Better braking.

What do I need - any 1800 model brake caliper and bracket, 1800S model rotor.

What model 1300 does it work on - All of them.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts