Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So satisfied I can’t even talk about it. Crater Lake Ride.

I just spent the last four days at Diamond Lake. Took my Sweetie up around Crater Lake on the full loop. There are places you seem to be suspended in mid air. What great riding. Almost so overwhelming I can hardly describe it. Hasn’t changed since the last time I was there 35 years ago. Very few cars, lots of bikes. Caging this one is a crime. Best seen by bike.

Life doesn’t get any better then this. Wakening to my Honey, saddle up after breakfast in camp, and ride the rim together. Lunch in the woods. Wow.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Glad you had a great time.

I just got my disabled vets sticker for he bike so I now can get in for free at any national park, plus a 50% discount on federal run camp sites.

I was wondering if someone had stole your trailer or if you had picked it up.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Charlie

What? You don’t have my trailer?

Thanks friend I owe you.

I just got my new Golden Access Pass
Plastic not paper like the old one
That pass will also get you in several beaches (Like Florence South Jetty) and 50% off the Forest pass.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Someone just came and pulled it away while I was at work.

anytime you need parking your welcome.

My pass is for the service connected disabled, the gal was saying at the forest service that it also covers camping in the national forest, she made sure I knew it covered areas of the Dunes that are federal too.

it won't cover some of the things that are concesioned (sp) out to privite companys but some will give a 50% discount to card holders.

G

·
The wifes favorite ride is up the Umpqua and over, 138 to 230 to 62 to Shady Cove then 227 to Tiller and Days Creek to Canyonville. So you go up one river and come down another, it just dont get any better than that.

G

·
crater lake

when you are in diamond-crater lake area, ride about 25 mi west to union creek. becky's resturant & pie shop is great. a littie ice cream shop next door. the rouge river runs through a park area there. a must see.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good Route

Wayne, I think that is the route Debbie and I took when we were there for the NASCAR Race.

Lowduck, Do not skip the full rim drive. About 2 hours from Diamond lake round trip. Take a picnic lunch if you are on the bike. You will find a spot to be intimate with each other and God.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it wasn't Canyonville, We looped from Southerlin and came back at Southerlin

G

·
Going up one river and comeing down the other is about a 6 to 8hr. ride. It depends on how many stops you make, and there is alot to see, so it takes awhile, but its worth every mile. Been on alot of roads in OR. but this one tops them all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts