Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lads, I've done, I sold my bike - not the X though, I sold my 'busa.

as much as I loved the huuuuuge (read: limitless, scary, white-knuckle) acceleration I could see that either I or my dear old licence would come to grief one day so off it went on the back of a truck to Melbourne.

SWIAR (She Who Is Always Right) and I discussed selling the 'busa a while ago and she said that under no circumstances was I to sell the X unless I intended updating to the new 13 or the 18! how's that for loyalty?! I think she was always worried when I took the Suzuki out as I had told her that every time it left the garage it would see 200kmh before I brought it home - living near a motorway made it very easy to do.

will the 1800 do 200kmh? I've had my 13 up to 175. the dude who dynoed it for me when I had the K&N and rejet done reckoned it would do 210 - yeah maybe in a a frictionless environment but not in the real world.

·
Registered
163 Posts
will the 1800 do 200kmh? I've had my 13 up to 175. the dude who dynoed it for me when I had the K&N and rejet done reckoned it would do 210 - yeah maybe in a a frictionless environment but not in the real world.
The answer is YES the 1800 X will do 200, but the wind pushes hard on your chest and you have to hang on but trust me it does 200

Macca

·
Registered
363 Posts
mmm... sold the busa eh. now, what goodies to buy for the X with all that cash. :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes it does 230+, dont have PC111 or Nos or any electronic help. Motor is stock, just brutal Honda Power & and a slip-on exhaust mod. You should be able to get to 170+ over 400 meters from a standing start with stock bike. Good to hear you're keeping the VTX. :vtx18:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like an 1800 might be on the cards in the not too distant future then.

how could I disagree with my missus? :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well X-ers, after being a member here for over nine years it has come time for me to bid you all a fond farewell, you see, I have decided it was time for a change so I have traded the X in.

I had many good times on the X, well, some good times. while she was always reliable and fun to ride I had lost a bit of riding motivation. I figured a new ride would fix me up. I'm giddy and excited about my new purchase but also sad to see her go.

best of luck my friends, I hope to see you out riding some day. I'll always have a friendly nod or a wave for VTX riders!

ride safe and remember, the best ride is always the next one!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Nice update to your 6 year old thread! What are you moving on to, put up a pic too when you get it.
Cheers from Canada to Australia

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
let those who ride decide

Fatboy1.jpg Fatboy2.jpg Fatboy3.jpg Fatboy4.jpg Fatboy5.jpg

I've been an X-rider for 11 years, tomorrow is my first day as the owner of a Fatboy.

the paint job was a limited run, mine is #72 out of 200. my guess is I'll never see another like it here in Oz as most will be in USA or Europe.

see you on the road my brothers!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks man!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice new ride there chillman. I have just sold my VTX1300S too, got a Quacka VN1500 nomad to replace it with which I'm really happy with. Allways have a soft spot for the X, it was a great bike just time for a change. Keep the shiny side up brothers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts