Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out 2 really cool things this weekend:

1) Ultimate is now making a Midrider for the 1300 C model WITH a Drivers backrest... Finally some help for us tall guys on a C model...

2) The 2 piece 1800 seat on my 1300 C was not modofied to fit... I took it off this afternoon for the first time. No obvious changes to the seat anywhere. No mod's to the fender, just what looks like a normal 2 piece 1800 seat.. So for all those who have asked in the past on how to make a 2 piece fit on a C model, just look for the 1800 version.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
T-Rex rider said:
I found out 2 really cool things this weekend:

1) Ultimate is now making a Midrider for the 1300 C model WITH a Drivers backrest... Finally some help for us tall guys on a C model...

2) The 2 piece 1800 seat on my 1300 C was not modofied to fit... I took it off this afternoon for the first time. No obvious changes to the seat anywhere. No mod's to the fender, just what looks like a normal 2 piece 1800 seat.. So for all those who have asked in the past on how to make a 2 piece fit on a C model, just look for the 1800 version.
The sides of the seat had to be trimmed down... otherwise, it would push your side covers down. Oh yeah -- I have a burnt side cover to prove it!! :?

Floodgates 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone did any trimming on my seat, you can't tell. No problems with my side covers either, just a small marking on the tops but you can't see them with the seat on. Do you mean the molded plastic feet that are on the seat pan have to be trimmed, or the outer edges of the seat that have been covered back up with the seat cover?

·
Registered
19 Posts
They both have to be done, but well worth the effort!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts