Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I -really- like Harley Davidson motorcycles...sorry...but I do. I also -really- like Aprillias and Zundapps and every make and model in between. I -really- like moto-crossers, enduros, trials-bikes, dirt-bikes, and dual-purpose scoots. I -really- like the little Vespas and the Bourgmans and the Silver Wings as well. I -really- like racer-replicas and crotch-rockets and cruisers and sports tourers and dressers. I like black bikes and blue bikes and white bikes and every other color and hue in between being offered by the factory. I like customs-colors in simple or elaborate paint schemes. I like bikes with side-cars. I even like trikes regardless if they have dual-drive wheels or single one out back. I like old bikes and new bikes and beater-bikes and bikes sitting in crates waiting for a loving, patient hand to bring them back from the brink to road-worthy rides once more. I ride what I like and I like what I ride and I make neither apology nor excuse for the choice of bike beneath me. I will never knock another rider for their choice of ride nor will I allow the protestations of others to either lessen or cheapen my attachment for my ride du jour. Ride with me not for social acceptance nor for elevated status but simply for the love of the ride, for the love of the road, and for the love of good times and good friends, for the communion of spirits rejoicing in a moment of perfect understanding and shared consciousness. Free your mind and let loose your spirit, unshackled from the bonds of other's parameters and limitations -- forget the idiocy, forget the prejudices, forget the excuses and the rationalizations…let's just ride! 8)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I -really- like Harley Davidson motorcycles...sorry...but I do. I also -really- like Aprillias and Zundapps and every make and model in between. I -really- like moto-crossers, enduros, trials-bikes, dirt-bikes, and dual-purpose scoots. I -really- like the little Vespas and the Bourgmans and the Silver Wings as well. I -really- like racer-replicas and crotch-rockets and cruisers and sports tourers and dressers. I like black bikes and blue bikes and white bikes and every other color and hue in between being offered by the factory. I like customs-colors in simple or elaborate paint schemes. I like bikes with side-cars. I even like trikes regardless if they have dual-drive wheels or single one out back. I like old bikes and new bikes and beater-bikes and bikes sitting in crates waiting for a loving, patient hand to bring them back from the brink to road-worthy rides once more. I ride what I like and I like what I ride and I make neither apology nor excuse for the choice of bike beneath me. I will never knock another rider for their choice of ride nor will I allow the protestations of others to either lessen or cheapen my attachment for my ride du jour. Ride with me not for social acceptance nor for elevated status but simply for the love of the ride, for the love of the road, and for the love of good times and good friends, for the communion of spirits rejoicing in a moment of perfect understanding and shared consciousness. Free your mind and let loose your spirit, unshackled from the bonds of other's parameters and limitations -- forget the idiocy, forget the prejudices, forget the excuses and the rationalizations…let's just ride! 8)

I Like it!!!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Very true :thumbup:

I myself have evolved into somewhat of a cycle-a-holic and I agree , its not what you ride , but that you ride.

great post

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
+1:D

Of course people will always have to claim what they like is the best. Same wih pickups, some swear by Dodge, others chevy, and others ford?? In reality they are all very close to the same. Actually running a fleet I can tell you the price of ownership varies more from truck to truck than make to make. It is the same with bikes. some people abuse things and blame the vehicle, others can ride anything and it will last? I could care less what anyone else prefers to ride, it's their choice. In the end you are right, let's just ride;)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
However, you do meet the nicest people on a Honda.
YES very true. My search for a Harley forum that comes close to this community has been very unsuccessful...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree, it doesnt matter what you ride its still a bike and its cool. I ride because i love it and it would not matter to me if it was a honda, kawasaki or harley i would still love to ride. Its ok for us to harass each other in fun about our bikes but we are still brothers.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts

And I like the attitude of one who is indescriminate about what others ride. I also like Harleys and Yamahas (Raider is my dream) and hohos and twinkies:lol: and black bikes and green bikes (especially green bikes.) It's a beautiful day. LETS RIDE!

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
i like Twinkies and Ho-Ho's
I use to love Ho-Ho's when I could afford them, but dang $100.00 an hour is way to steep on my fixed income now. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Yeah....but WHAT OIL do you say is best!?!? :dontknow:

LOL ;)

Seriously...good post.:thumbup: Hits the nail on the head.

·
Registered
193 Posts
:agree: The only "bad" bike is the one that won't start...but that then makes it a "project"!
...oh, and I like black coffee and glazed donuts.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I use to love Ho-Ho's when I could afford them, but dang $100.00 an hour is way to steep on my fixed income now. :mrgreen:
Reduce the price, just get one.:D Or is it two for the price on one?

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
:thumbup:

I like Twinkies and Ho's. ;)

John

·
Registered
435 Posts
NICE post,

I'll opt for, Twinkie on a Ho?:joke:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I feel the same way but I like Twinkies after Ho's.

Somebody is bound to bring up the fact that there are a lot of Harley drivers that don't care for any other brands or people that ride other brands. I think most of those people are short or at least short somewhere.
For instance, on a Craig list add for a Harley, the seller says "Come on people, this ain't no piece of cheap plastic, this is a Harley".

But, maybe no one will bring that up.:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts