Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thinking about the little bit of info that we got yesterday from Honda and looking at the picture I came to a wild conclusion: its a hybrid. Thats why they covered up the bottom of the bike and its why they made the statements that they did. It all points at nothing else. An air cooled gas engine with hybrid capability. And can you imagine the HP when both the electric motor and gas engine are run at the same time.

What do you think?

How can you explain some of their comments?

like you have never seen from any major manufacturer

A chopper

a brand new direction for Honda in the cruiser category

we will shake up the industry as never before

this exciting new machine

destined to be a real winner

Another Honda first

a whole new approach

no better time to be with Honda

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am at a loss for words on what you just said... Maybe a trike? Let's wait and see!

·
Registered
16,078 Posts
I think if it's a hybrid it's gonna haul azz. I'm interested to see what it really is one way or the other. I'm used to both electric vehicles and hybrids, we have the largest fleet of diesel hybrids in the world here at King County Metro Transit ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other bit:

In Honda's presentation yesterday they showed the Fury picture and then showed a 150cc scooter that was new. Absolutely no mention about the scooter but I thought it looked a little wierd in the back. That ties in with the Magazine article about the sizes of Hybrids they plan to build.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evidence #2

Honda's protototype Hybrid Scooter

·
Registered
457 Posts
I gotta say the new technology is interesting and the expanding usage of it and sending it to the motorcycle industry will make a big change and make a lot of people scratch their heads, It'll certainly be a great boost to the whole green movement.
I've really got a kick out of the ever expanding " what's next " questions and speculations, However after I see a new M109 in my driveway this spring, Honda will need to do something really impressive to get my next purchase.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do a search and you will see that Honda has been working on Hybrid scooter/motorcycle technology for at least 4 years. This may also explain why they have been so slow to bring out new bikes. They knew that this hybrid stuff was just around the corner and it will be a wide open market place for them. The first adopter of new technologies has an advantage. Lets see what they do with it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I guess we will wait until Dec for the next clue and the who knows maybe next year more clues. They should go ahead and get it over with before they lose more sales. Thats what I think

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mt bet is it's a semi-auto
Maybe the semi-auto trans is part of the whole package. Maybe their theory is that so many people will want the Hybrid that they have to make it user friendly to increase thir market. Just like a scooter. You are either on the gas or on the brakes. No shifting involved.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess we will wait until Dec for the next clue and the who knows maybe next year more clues. They should go ahead and get it over with before they lose more sales. Thats what I think
The full shot photos will be out in early December. This could be a very historic time in this industry.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And this looks very close to the scooter that I saw yesterday in the Honda video. No info on what it was.

But the middle one looks very close:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Nothing in the picture or the propaganda interests me in the least. I don't know what they're doing or who they're paying big bucks to for market research, but there ain't a rider I know that's drooling over anything 'new' from Honda.

Lucky for me I'm in no hurry to unload my X. :-?

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
And this looks very close to the scooter that I saw yesterday in the Honda video. No info on what it was.

But the middle one looks very close:

That electric scooter looks like an urban dream ... if you could get bike and jogging path permits for it ... as well as street ...

I bet you could take that onto a service elevator and park it in your office ...

Throw a Gucci saddlebag over the seat ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I can see where your thought process is taking you. The evidence is overwhelming.

BUT.....

With the Cruiser world as a whole and the "chopper" crowd to be more specific being (dare I say it) Old School :doorag:. Would this be the best platform to Showcase this new technology. Scooters and the like I can see and even mabye a touring bike but a Chopper......

All this is gonna do is make all those that have been looking for a big bore chopper from honda to blow their collective tops.

Just my thought on this matter

1 - 20 of 238 Posts